LMMS Top songs Compilation

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello everyone,
There has been a lot of talk about how the development of LMMS should be faster. I have figured out a way for all users, including those who don't really know programming to a far extent to help with the process of development.

Let's do a "Top LMMS Songs Compilation". By making a group on SoundCloud, users can post their best songs, and the top 15 songs (chosen by selected judges) will be released as an album on Bandcamp. The price? “Pay what you want”. All of the profit made from this album will be donated to the further development of LMMS. Together, we can strive to help the developers of LMMS in a new and unique way.
I think we could do regular campaigns based on this concept. Lots of good stuff might come from this:

- more recognition
- more motivation for artists
- more money (?)

Maybe a best-of-the-year compilation done every nth month of the year?
Let's do a "Top LMMS Songs Compilation". By making a group on SoundCloud, users can post their best songs, and the top 15 songs (chosen by selected judges) will be released as an album on Bandcamp. The price? “Pay what you want”. All of the profit made from this album will be donated to the further development of LMMS. Together, we can strive to help the developers of LMMS in a new and unique way.
Now why didn't I think of that?! Doouh!! :lol:
Actually, I had a another different, but similar idea. :mrgreen:
Bandcamp?! Wow! I just checked it out awhile ago. Interesting.

I think we could do regular campaigns based on this concept. Lots of good stuff might come from this:

- more recognition
- more motivation for artists
- more money (?)

Maybe a best-of-the-year compilation done every nth month of the year?
I think you guys are really onto something there. :)
Both of those ideas could bring a bit of money to finance/donate the Lmms project and even some of the Lmms musicians.
For all you know, it might just work.

In my case,
I was thinking of making a weekly/monthly episodic, Youtube/Vimeo webshow, showcasing the numerous songs, made exclusively in LMMS.
But more indepth. And more Pro looking than the ones on Youtube.
"Only songs made in Lmms." ;)

Kinda similar to those "Trance Youtube Channels."
Like this one,....... has been around for a long time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6b3OYRKQ9Q

Except, the Lmms musicians will "hopefully," give me the permissions to put their "masterpieces," on my Youtubey show.
Originally, I was planning to do one for Lmms Trance musicians.
But I don't mind doing a "cornocopia," version.

But sadly,my PC is down for a while so I can't do it anytime soon. :(
But if you like my idea, give me a shout dudes. :mrgreen:

I think I'll make a post on the Lmms forum about it.
The more support I get, might motivate me to get another PC faster and sooner. :mrgreen:
brandystarbrite wrote: In my case,
I was thinking of making a weekly/monthly episodic, Youtube/Vimeo webshow, showcasing the numerous songs, made exclusively in LMMS.
But more indepth. And more Pro looking than the ones on Youtube.
"Only songs made in Lmms." ;)
Some friends and I had a similar idea before, so we started an blog that promotes FLOSS artists that is called Freezed tunes
We also made a youtube channel for promotion of songs made by free software (mostly LMMS). Sadly, because of personal and work issues, the site and the channel never came alive.
The competition is open! Submit your songs at https://soundcloud.com/groups/lmms-top- ... ompilation The deadline is February 15th at 12 PM GMT. The rules are in the group description.
If something isn't clear to you about the competition, don't hesitate to ask :)
Happy LMMSing!