no sound coming out from piano roll

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
i'M not getting any sounds when i hit the play button in the piano roll.
i've already tried restarting lmms.

what's wrong here?
Do you get sound from instruments?
yes, it's just the piano roll that i'm having trouble with
happen sometimes. one of the reasons is marked (selected) notes somewhere on piano-roll -do you have any?
You can also try saving and reopening the project.
A few times i have used a new note-container and copied all notes to that.
-So why does it happen? - Well its some kind of 'bug', that is induced by something the user does. It is not reproduceable, and is next to impossible to sort out.
Tell us if you get rid of it.
This is the first I hear of this, I've never seen this happen.
I am really wondering about this bug, had this as well. The most annoying bug for me right now (I have few/no crashes). Sometimes (very few) the notes I set out in the Piano Roll don't play when I make them. That is also annoying.
Try LMMS 0.4.9. It has always been good for me with little to no bugs. Also, have you checked drivers are connected via LMMS?

Open LMMS and go to Edit, Settings, click piano icon, and set to your driver. (May be called 'WinMM Midi') Now you should hear sound.
Let me know if you need further advice.

Nicole
;)
Also, I forgot to mention, set the driver to SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) via the settings (sound icon) in LMMS.

Nicole
;)
0.4.9 is no longer supported, and I don't recommend using it, it lacks many features that modern LMMS has.

Also, SDL is the best choice on windows, but a relatively poor one on Linux - on Linux it's best to use Jack or ALSA (but if you use ALSA, you should point it directly to your soundcard device in the settings to prevent it from being intercepted by PulseAudio).

I do have to point out though, the RC2 (release candidate 2) has just been released, and adventurous people are more than welcome to try it out - it would be of great help to the LMMS dev team if people use it and report any bugs they may find, as this way there's a higher chance that all the bugs will get fixed in the coming 1.0.0 version of LMMS.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmms/f ... ms/0.9.91/
thanks guys.
somehow it's working again after one night :/

this afternoon i was able to fix this when i turned off the solo marker btw.