multiple BB tracks

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

i think it'd be great if we could create more than one instance of a BB, so we can put a group of instruments together
right now my BB editor is getting insanely long vertically....
u mean bbline right?

yes, i could make a case for that.

+1 for me.
Probably won't happen, but IIRC there's been talk of a switch to hide unused tracks in the bb-editor, so that on each bb-track you'd only see the subtracks that have some content in them.
that would be good
Any chance of this being implemented? Would be great to have multiple bb editors, especially as the OP said when you fill one with instruments, the LMMS interface gets crowded :(
Not likely in any near future... would cause lots of additional complexity with not enough gain to justify it, IMO.

Probably we'll try some other ways of alleviating the "crowding" of the bb-editor - a switch to "show/hide unused tracks" is something that's been talked about often and is likely to be implemented at some point.
I'd personally like to see parent/children grouping first, because if that also applies to the BB editor we can simply choose to hide a parent's children (for example, hiding all percussion samples grouped with a kick drum).

Maybe that is a more general solution that happens to help (?) this issue.
I, too, would like some clean-up in the BB editor if it's possible.

I really like the idea of hiding unused tracks if that's an easier workaround. So +1 from me.

A thought I had was that maybe there could be a BB Editor (the existing one) and a Loop Editor, which would act like the existing editor except when you create a new one in the Song Editor, it does not have any instruments from previous loops.

Maybe I'm already asking for the same thing as suggested above, which would make it too complex. I don't have extensive programming experience, but wouldn't creating a new loop ( named, say loop[1] ) object allow you to have completely separate instruments from the previous ( loop[0] ) object? I suppose the difficulty would be integrating that into the actual song itself. I don't know. Again, not much programming experience.

Anyway, from an artist's perspective, having a blank, clean loop editor would be lovely. :-)

Thanks, devs, for all you do. I LOVE LMMS. :D
I think StakeoutPunch and diizy described two features which would be equivalent and better than allowing completely different B&B Editors.
Okay, either way. At the very least, hiding unused tracks/samples like @diiz said, would be very useful.