pitch modulation

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
if i want to modulate pitch in a wider range than the pitch knob allows me to in the instrument edit window, but not semitone-wise (as modulating the root key does), how can i do that?
is there a plugin?
You get the latest version of LMMS (0.9.90 and upwards), which has a "range" dial next to the pitch knob that does exactly this.

You could use a pitch shifter plugin, but that always adds some distortion to the sound which may not be desirable.
diiz wrote:You get the latest version of LMMS (0.9.90 and upwards), which has a "range" dial next to the pitch knob that does exactly this.

You could use a pitch shifter plugin, but that always adds some distortion to the sound which may not be desirable.
I wondered what that "range" dial was I was thinking that was not in the 4.15 version :)
For some reason mine does not seem to work! I think I may of done something that I now cannot undo :?
roy38 wrote:
diiz wrote:You get the latest version of LMMS (0.9.90 and upwards), which has a "range" dial next to the pitch knob that does exactly this.

I wondered what that "range" dial was I was thinking that was not in the 4.15 version :)
For some reason mine does not seem to work! I think I may of done something that I now cannot undo :?
Why do you think it doesn't work? What instrument are you trying it on?
diiz wrote:
roy38 wrote:

Why do you think it doesn't work? What instrument are you trying it on?
My apologies to the late reply diiz.
it does work after playing around with it. :oops: