Serious memory leak in dev version

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi Lmms crew,

I download lmms development sources an build regularly to see what's comming ;)
I did that three days ago and noticed a serious memory leak in this version.
Each time you open a lmms project the memory consumption increases more and more, and by a great amount (1.1 Gb consumed after the third project was loaded).
If this can help to diagnose the problem, I play only MIDI whith SF2 soundfont player, always with the same soundfont (Titanic), CALF reverb and Stereo enhancer, nothing more.
The previous dev version, downloaded about one month ago had not this problem.
Just to let you know in case nobody noticed. :oops:
In the mean time, I will keep the previous dev release: the elapsed time display is really a great new feature!

Thanks for the great job.
so far i have to admit that i have not had SF in test. would you please tell us:
Platform win / linux //version
OS name
Is the allocated mem released when you close lmms down
I'm not seeing it here... Even with big projects I can't get memory consumption much above 200MB...
Have tested now (0.92-32bit winXP) with 25 load unload SF2 projects. Cant reproduce bug. Mem consumption is stable and all allocated mem is removed when the project is unloaded.
The issue seams to be the SF you are using - can you upload the project/ parts of it? It is not a 0.92 issue afaik
-----
uh forgot- the project, if you upload. save it as *.mmp
Hi all,

I re-did my homework: re-build, reinstall and then the memory leak disapeared :D
This seems to be related to my other post https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... f=4&t=1246 on which I was not using the right theme for the dev version since I did nothing more than rebuilding and reinstalling Lmms but this time I configured the right theme to be used with this version.

So I cannot do least than aplogize for my own mistake :oops:

For information I use lmms on a P4 2.8Ghz with 2 Gb of RAM either on
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Trinity Desktop and Bodhi Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS based) with Enlightenment 0.17 desktop (so beautiful and light on resources)

Additional note:
I use a lot LMMS and I would be proud to contribute to this already so good musical marvel.
I am willing to give some time to test and / or translate into French and / or debug (I'm an old experienced C + + developer).
I also kindly suggest (and I'm willing to do it myself) to add and manage minimum version numbers in the "optional but highly recommended" list of packages in the README file with the real package names because I 've had to deal with that on my first try to build lmms sources and this step was not as trivial as it sounds, even for a seasoned Linux user or developer.
So what should I do to actively participate in lmms?
midi-pascal wrote:Additional note:
I use a lot LMMS and I would be proud to contribute to this already so good musical marvel.
I am willing to give some time to test and / or translate into French and / or debug (I'm an old experienced C + + developer).
I also kindly suggest (and I'm willing to do it myself) to add and manage minimum version numbers in the "optional but highly recommended" list of packages in the README file with the real package names because I 've had to deal with that on my first try to build lmms sources and this step was not as trivial as it sounds, even for a seasoned Linux user or developer.
So what should I do to actively participate in lmms?
You can start following the discussions on the lmms-devel mailing list, http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lmms-devel

The development happens on github, https://github.com/LMMS/lmms but any features are best to be first discussed on the mailing list before you start coding.

You can use the latest git version of LMMS, and if you find bugs, you can see if they're already reported, report them, or even fix them and submit a pull request on github. The preferred way to submit code is to fork the repository and then file a pull request.

There's good information here as well https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki