Empty Env/LFO tab in SF2 player

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

In the dev release (0.9.92) the Env/LFO tab in the SF2 player is completely empty, whatever sounfont/patch I use.
Where are the controls? :lol:

Thanks.
The ENV/LFO tab has never been functional on the SF2 player. It was decided to hide the tab on instruments that don't support that functionality, rather than have the controls there but not have them do anything.
Hi diiz,

I undertand well the reasons why the controls were removed, but clicking on a tab which gives you no control on anything does not look a very good idea to me.
You're right, this tab was not working but, opening a tab with nothing in it looks a bit ugly.
If it stays as it is you can be sure this will be echoed in this newsgroup, don't you think?
This will look like a bug for the averager user who updated its lmms to 1.0.0.
To keep the neat look, the tab itself should desapear from the SF2 player tabs as well.

Just my opinion anyways. ;)

midi-pascal
Oh I agree, it would be better if the tab would be removed. I personally haven't looked very closely at that part of the codebase so I don't know how easy it is to remove. Hiding the controls is simple, just hide() the layout widget, but removing the tab entirely would probably require modifying the tab widget, and I'm not sure how easy that would be. It's likely not going to be done for 1.0.0 in any case...
Hi diiz,

I did remove the ENV/LFO tab from the Instrument window plugin in my Git checkout with 6 lines of code.
It works very well on SF2 Player plugin and has no side effect on other plugin windows (heavily tested, believe me!).
I must say I feel a bit proud of me :D
I have a screen snapshot to prove it be I definitely do not know how to add it to this post :oops:

Do I keep my modification for after 1.0.0 or ...?

midi-pascal 8-)
Cool!
midi-pascal wrote:Do I keep my modification for after 1.0.0 or ...?
I would just do a pull request and let us have a go at the code. I think it would be better to have this in as fast as possible.
Ok... but bear in mind that if this is done, this should be done on all MIDI-based instrument plugins, not just SF2. There should be a property on the instrument class which you can check for whether an instrument is MIDI-based. Maybe look at how it's done for the tab controls.
Hi,
@diiz:
What I did is really simple: I used the same condition that was used to mask the controls in the ENV/LFO tab to not add the tab itself to the plugin window.

@owallgren:
Now I just have to figure out how to do a pull request since I am a newbie with Git and doesn't know how to do this. :oops:

I will let you know anyways.

Thanks to both of you ;)
midi-pascal wrote:Now I just have to figure out how to do a pull request since I am a newbie with Git and doesn't know how to do this. :oops:
Getting involved:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki/Submitting-a-patch

You can submit a patch too but doing a pull request is more fun! 8-)
Hi owallgren,
I had a look at the Wiki links you provide.
It's very clear and well explained so I should be able to submit a pull request in about 10 hours since I am at my job for now with no access to my home box.
Thanks for the help ;)