lmms newbie

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
hi im ash, i need help. i have recently downloaded lmms and im having problems using it, i dont know how to. i really want to write a song but i dont know where to start or even think of how to write one. i have watched you tube videos but they do advanced stuff whereas i need to know the basics. Also i like rock music, how do i make my own rock drum bass, guitar pattern? do i listen to a song and copy their drums?
Here's a good starter video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzT4X8vweaE

Here's more info after you have introduced yourself to basics:
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

For writing music:

Try anything you want. It actually is a good idea to try to hear how it's done, but if you want to really understand, you need to learn basics of music theory: notes, chords, octaves etc. There is a lot of of material all over the Internet, sheets of music, theory tutorials etc. Rock is common interest, there is a lot of forums where people discuss about producing music.

However, you can get quite far by just playing with LMMS.
welcome newbie :mrgreen:
Welcome alecras234,
You remind me something :lol:
...keep going: I was like you 40 years ago... :oops:
alecras234 wrote:hi im ash, i need help. i have recently downloaded lmms and im having problems using it, i dont know how to. i really want to write a song but i dont know where to start or even think of how to write one. i have watched you tube videos but they do advanced stuff whereas i need to know the basics. Also i like rock music, how do i make my own rock drum bass, guitar pattern? do i listen to a song and copy their drums?

Hi Ash. AKA alecras234
Apparently, Pikachu didn't "shock," you long enough, or tell you that if you're posting questions about Lmms,
you don't post it in the Tutorials Section of the LMMS forum. :lol:
Post you questions about Lmms in the Generals Section of the Forum.
And Lmms problems in the Troubleshooting Section of the Forum.

The Tutorials Section in the Forum, are for Lmms users to post Lmms Music tutorials that they have made.
So that others can learn from them.

And also Welcome to the Lmms Forums Newbie. :mrgreen:
And I hope you enjoy your stay here.

PS: Keeping Pikachu in his Pokeball is a bad idea. Otherwise, he won't be able to help you out in times as these. :lol:
hehehe I still make crap and sometimes good music. I have realised that you have to study music theory as what simple_impulse mentioned.
At the end of the day, it's best to listen to music and then decide to recreate what already has been made, get some friends to listen to it is also a good idea and also get us to listen to it as well :)