Warning: do not use the Ubuntu 14.04 package

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
There's been some confusion, mix-ups and mistakes about LMMS packaging in Ubuntu 14.04. Due to reasons out of our control, the package that is currently offered in the repositories of Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu Studio 14.04 is entirely broken, unstable and unfit for production use.

So if you're using Ubuntu 14.04 or any derivative, do not get LMMS from the official repositories. Get it from either the KXStudio PPA or our official home page.

I'll post here when the situation is fixed and it's safe to use the Ubuntu repositories. Sorry for the inconvenience.
What exactly is broken?

Just asking, because while I don't have 14.x, my system was updated before I saw this...
The package is completely broken, it contains unstable features that are not supposed to be in 1.0 because someone pulled from the wrong branch.

I'll post here when the issue has been corrected.
diiz, how about simply dismiss any version that is not on
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/download.php
It is convinient for ubuntu users to have programs on ubunto repositories, no dicusion there, but why let 'them' host a branch, whitch is out of control.. - let them only host a link, to the off. one -doable?
Its just confusing and error prone with all those branches/ builds, 'floating' around.
or?
Thank you for the warning and keeping us abreast of the situation.
Just a warning to other Ubuntu 14.04 users hoping to use the kxstudio repos as an alternative: I get the following error upon installing all their repos and using apt:
"The following packages have unmet dependencies: lmms : Depends: lmms-vst-full (= 1:1.0.0-1~trusty1.2) but it is not installable".
EDIT: I was finally able to get the kxstudio lmms to install (after install wine and dev libraries). While it fixes some of the bugs, I did notice that some sounds are different from the 0.4.x lmms. For example, the Organic present "puresine" does not work, just silence. Some other triple oscillator presets are different as well.
EDIT: The ppa:irie/lmms repository version of lmms has the same issues as the ubuntu repos.