Bizarre problem with LMMS 1.0.0. Uninstall/reinstall?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello;

I already had the previous version of LMMS; then recently downloaded version 1.0.0. Now, when I open it, what actually comes up is like a mashup of the two versions. While loading, it shows the old musical-note/smiley-face, instead of the new LMMS logo. When it finally opens up, fully loaded, it identifies itself as LMMS 1.0.0, and it has the newer Song Editor and Beat/Bass Editor; but all the tools/settings icons are the old style, rather than the new style. Worst of all, when I pull up the Piano Roll, it is totally overlaid with a strange fine-mesh grid (and I'm not referring to the grid that is supposed to be in the Piano Roll). And when I pass my cursor over the Piano Roll (which is of course necessary to do), it leaves permanent thick "trails" in the shape and color of the edit tool. Virtually impossible to use.

But I can still use the previous version. I click on the old icon in my Start Menu (both icons are there), and it loads, opens, and works the same as always.

In my Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs), only LMMS 1.0.0 appears on the list.

If I uninstall LMMS, would that get rid of both versions; after which I could then reinstall LMMS 1.0.0?

Plus, what would then happen to my large number of LMMS projects, many of which contain embedded pathways to 3rd-party VSTs which I use in those projects?

This computer runs Windows XP Professional, and has a Pentium dual processor with 2 GB RAM, with lots of free space on the hard drive.

My other computer (same OS) never had a previous LMMS release on it; and on that computer LMMS 1.0.0 looks and works exactly as it should.

Thanks in advance for some brilliant quick-and-easy solution(s).

Andy
Problem is that you still have files from the old version on your computer: the theme, settings, etc. Trying to use old LMMS themes in new LMMS results in problems.

I recommend removing all LMMS installations, you don't need to worry about your projects/samples/plugins etc. as those are stored under your home directory and won't be touched. Then if you want to be on the safe side, run a cleanup software like CCleaner that cleans up the registry and leftover files from removed software. Then reinstall the latest LMMS again, make sure you use the default directory suggested by the installer as other locations have been known to cause issues.
THANKS! for letting me know that uninstalling would not remove or damage or make inaccessible all my projects.
I uninstalled both versions, then reinstalled 1.0.0.
WORKS GREAT!