test post

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
test post
Ok, I got attachments working. :)

Attachments

Fixed smiles too. Will probably have to repeat for avatars, etc. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Code: Select all

update phpbb_config set config_value = 'images/smilies' where config_name = 'smilies_path'
And then ACP, General, Purge the cache.
Set up a custom favicon for ACP.

Thats really good! A stress test is then next, but how many 'users' can be drummed up? -Then again, the old phpBB host was not directly fast, so noone expect lightspeed. Just the fact that a forum now is up again, is great news.
Oh btw - it auto logout. Thats different from the old forum.
The 'keep me logged in' option is also missing
Have tried 'log in automatically' cause thats an option i dont like
Let me know if you wnat me to test something
-------edit---------
tried out a lot of the account settings. The are kept and updated correctly. Couldent find password-options. Thought it would be under Edit account settings, i cant find it.
The board has worked well for me.
My guess it the cookies aren't saving properly. There are a lot of old SF decisions embedded into the database (such as the smilies) that are taking a while to clean up.

Do you have experience with mysql/phpmyadmin/phpbb behind the covers? I can give you access if you do and want to help fix it.
I don't know if we should be concerned with a stress test as the old LSP and forums weren't so active that we would expect an overload of IO.
Sorry, no knowledge of php at all - sql is extremely rusty. I wouldent dare to do it :|
Im not your guy for that job

Yes it was how i thought 10 peeps simultaneus - Strange actually.. +5000 dl / week, and so few uses the forum.. either lmms is Sooo easy the use, or peeps dont know there is a forum :)
musikbear wrote:Sorry, no knowledge of php at all - sql is extremely rusty. I wouldent dare to do it :|
Im not your guy for that job

Yes it was how i thought 10 peeps simultaneus - Strange actually.. +5000 dl / week, and so few uses the forum.. either lmms is Sooo easy the use, or peeps dont know there is a forum :)
There are a few issues with the forums:
  1. They were embedded into SF which is extremely confusing to end users. (fixed)
  2. They required a SF account, which people don't entirely understand... it's like requiring a Facebook account to access Soundcloud. (fixed too, although now the accounts are all broken :evil: )
  3. No one is *actively* moderating the forums meaning the questions don't get answered in a timely fashion. Wel... this isn't entirely true as a handful of people (you, diiz, brandystarbright, sti2nd) did frequent them but we need more people that can offer good advice. (advertising forum topics on our home page can attract users.... this will take some hackish coding! :D )
  4. Let's face it... It is a legacy form of communication. Like a mailing list, most new users don't really understand all of the fuss when they can just ask on Facebook. In some ways it's not unlike IRC which is just a graveyard of hardcore users and developers (I can't stand IRC personally). Facebook is probably the most common place to discuss currently, but it sucks for organized discussion and sucks for archiving and searching... so what do we do? We end using places like our bug tracker or email list discussing topics like a new website. (email should be good, but the quick off-topic "phone" posts from people like Jonathan can quickly kill a discussion). Communication is quite a mess (no easy way to fix this really)
The reason I even went through the work to restore the forums is because there was demand for it but more importantly there are several conversations that still show up in Google searches or are linked to from the bug tracker. I think these topics will help our users if they are resurrected. Also, it's a nice place for people to speak freely and express themselves without the feeling that they are spamming any official channels. :/
Ok, Cookies have been fixed, although they are missing from the control panel, so I had to do it all via SQL:

Code: Select all

update phpbb_config set config_value = '.lmms.tuxfamily.org' where config_name = 'cookie_domain'
update phpbb_config set config_value = '/' where config_name = 'cookie_path'
update phpbb_config set config_value = '0' where config_name = 'cookie_secure'