Freezes Loading Vestige Saves

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi Everyone, i'm having a problem loading saves that have vestige in them. The VST works fine when first applied to lmms and even after saving works fine, but if i exit the program and re-enter, then try to load the save file, a portion of the screen blacks out and lmms freezes. Specifically i am using the Garritan orchestra 4 and aria player when this happens. All file paths are correct. I've tried loading the file before entering lmms and the same thing happens.
Do you open the project file from within LMMS? Try it! Windows or linux?
NecoVictusLetum wrote:Hi Everyone, i'm having a problem loading saves that have vestige in them. The VST works fine when first applied to lmms and even after saving works fine, but if i exit the program and re-enter, then try to load the save file, a portion of the screen blacks out and lmms freezes. Specifically i am using the Garritan orchestra 4 and aria player when this happens. All file paths are correct. I've tried loading the file before entering lmms and the same thing happens.
unfortunately, opening and saving a vst is not the same as having a working vst. The problem is with the way the vst writes its data to file. Some vst' creates a humogous so called 'chunk' This is 'in dev focus', because other daw' has some clever way to tackle this chunk issue -wheater or not your problem in fact is the chunk-writing-bug, that i cant say, but it sure behave like it :cry:
Read about 'safe' vst handling here: http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index. ... _with_VSTs
Especially section 'VST related problems'
Quoting a wiki as a source is never a good idea. Especially considering you wrote that article with no external sources to prove it is even remotely accurate...

Not trying to be a jerk, but accurate information is of the utmost importance.
[quote="sti2nd"]Do you open the project file from within LMMS? Try it! Windows or linux?

windows 8.1. yes, ive tried to open it several different ways to no avail.