Multiple Native Interface Skins

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

You are most welcome to make a skin.
Afaik, there is no custom skins available for the lmms 1. series.
I know that skins from the 0. series, do *not* work in 1. serie releases!
If a 0. skin is installed, lmms will look very strange, and there will be graphic trouble, but making new skins, is one of the ways to support lmms. We always invite artists, to make skins and creative writers to write wiki articles. Join in, help and contribute to the project
Cubiicle wrote:I think it would be pretty cool to have a couple more skins that comes with the program itself.
Themes can be loaded in the settings page under file locations, as you mentioned. I think that it would be counter intuitive to make a GUI for selecting a theme when LMMS must restart to load it anyways.

However I 100% agree that LMMS should come with more themes. I'd say that an updated version of the older 0.4.x theme should be included (like mine), as well as a a high contrast version, etc.
musikbear wrote:Afaik, there is no custom skins available for the lmms 1. series.
A quick search on the LSP shows that there are multiple 1.0.0-3 compatible themes. However, there are no available custom themes past 1.0.3 since it is the current public release :)
Agree! I think Vesa/Diizy was against it for some reason...? Maybe because they would have to be updated for every new LMMS versions (as it is now), so the authors of the skins had to be available. Or not, someone else could do it, as long as the devs don't have to think too much about them.
sti2nd wrote:Agree! I think Vesa/Diizy was against it for some reason...?
Nope. Never been against more themes. It's just that if we include more themes, the users will expect those themes to work in future versions of LMMS... so there needs to be some commitment for maintainership if we're to include a theme in LMMS.