Note switching (kick) causes click in audio

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

I've noticed that this version has a strange problem. When a note switches on one of my .ogg kickers, it will crackle for a second. And I've noticed it only does this in several odd cases: the tempo is at 120, 140, 150 (141, for example, may eliminate that), the notes are not "evenly" added (for example, one note is two spaces long, and another is one space long). I also noticed sometimes (depending on note sizes), the start of the beat has no click or crackle, but the following notes do, even though they are completely identical in spacing and size as the first. I'm really confused as to what's going on or how to fix it. And as for the click, it sounds similar to suddenly pausing an audio file (or a movie or song).

If anyone can tell me what's the problem, I'd be very grateful because I've tried everything I can think of. And to avoid people saying, "You need a clipper/limiter," I'd like to mention that on lowest audio settings the issue is still present.
Its not the need iof a tiny attack delay of a few ticks? ..gues not, because that would not explain the difference of 140 and 141.. hmm
..But
this version has a strange problem
lmms users are fabolous, but not Psychic Mediums :D (sorry :p
You need to tell us:
*OS
*Lmms version
It would also help, if you could upload a tiny mmp, with this problem
Hi. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Okay, so I'm using windows 8.1

LMMS version is 1.0.3, which is supposed to be the latest.

Here are four attachments.

Edit - I found out that .ds files (all of the kickers) have this issue save for a couple. But why?

Attachments

Yes, its distorted allright, but it is a wave-shape-issue, not a lmms-issue, and it is very easy to fix, but i will explain it first
If you look at a wave-shape, it is like a jagged line that is kind of 'mirrored' around a horisontal line.
Every place where the jagged line, is in contact with the horisontal line, the output is 0.
The most extreme 'jags' are the loudest.
If a wave-shape is either initiated, or terminated, in a place where the jagged-line is far away from the horisontal, you get a click artefact!
So the solution is either:

1. Move inition and termination to a 'safe' point -That will change the sound!

2. Give the initiation a tiny 'start-slope' -its called Attack and the termination a off-slope, its called release This is almost not audiable

'1' is done with start-point & end-point in the PLUGIN tab
'2' is done on the ENV/LFO tab, and in your example all you need to do is to turn up ENV-AMT, and the artefact is gone :)

But that is not all
Instead, try to fiddle with the AMT dial
Observe whats happen if it gets negative value!
If you have more qestions about envelopes, and wave-spectrums, try a search (i have written more of the same kind earlier, and so has others :) -and then just ask again if you need to.
Oh, wow, I did not know that.

Thank you so, so much. I really appreciate it. You've just solved my problem! I did exactly what you told me to, and it worked!