Page 1 of 2

LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: December 24th, 2014, 5:13 pm
by Melody_Rebel
I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I add a VST or load a new project or even if I'm WORKING on a project in LMMS, it crashes randomly.

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: December 24th, 2014, 10:02 pm
by Gps
Are you on Linux ?
If so:

Open a terminal and type lmms. ( do not close teh terminal leave it as it is)
LMMS then should start, and when it has crashed you can look at the terminal again. It might give hints on why it crashed.

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: December 24th, 2014, 10:14 pm
by StakeoutPunch
Afaik he is on Windows.

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: December 25th, 2014, 3:55 pm
by Sti-Jay
I think @Melody_Rebel should provide us with information about his PC as he seems to have crashes all the time, and most likely it is only one bug causing them all, not both the VSTs, MIDI or Qt.

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: January 12th, 2015, 8:07 pm
by Melody_Rebel
I run Windows 7... Processor is a Pentium(R) Dual-Core, CPU is 2.10GHz, RAM is 3.00 GB, 32-Bit.

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: January 13th, 2015, 12:25 pm
by musikbear
win7 64 or 32 bit?
-afaik there are noone else having random crash - i certently dont..
Could it be that it actually is when you are working with one specific vst, or a specific preset... ?
Load one of the demo projects, and mess around with it for 10 min
Do not add new presets or instruments
-Do that also crash then?

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: February 25th, 2015, 10:03 am
by LuxDie
It also crashes all the time for me, even more frequently when using VST plugins. And when it does, I have to manually shut down every RemoteVSTPlugin.exe process manually. Needless to say, I can't use LMMS for any serious production in this state.
Also, when using the latest 1.2 dev version, VST plugins fail to load at all.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bits on an AMD Phenom II X4 with 8 GB RAM.

EDIT-solved!: Seems like the problem was being caused by Skype. I tried closing it after reading a post in this forum where somebody mentioned Chromium and Skype conflicted, and LMMS hasn't crashed once since. I'm still confused though, is LMMS based in Google's Chromium code?

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: February 25th, 2015, 11:23 pm
by Sti-Jay
Wow, strange. Skype can use a lot of resources, though, and chrome too. Cause you are reffering to the browser? Anyway, thanks for telling.

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: February 26th, 2015, 12:02 am
by musikbear
i would say Sti-Jay nails this. You will propl. see serious spikes in cpu-loads just before the crash, if you open a monitor. Skype is resource intensive, and will also demand priorities in rersource allocation, so skype and messenger like proggies (teamspeak xfire.. etc ) -are 'evil'
Lovely that you have made your lmms work flawless!

Re: LMMS 1.1.0 Crashes almost all the time

Posted: February 26th, 2015, 3:57 pm
by LuxDie
Sti-Jay wrote:Wow, strange. Skype can use a lot of resources, though, and chrome too. Cause you are reffering to the browser? Anyway, thanks for telling.
I'm referring to Google Chromium, wich was mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1640&p=7192&hilit=c ... +vst#p7191
but I'm not sure what it has to do with LMMS or Skype.