How Can I Sync LMMS with External Midi Device's Midi Clock

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi, More praise for LMMS. Great stuff!

Is there anyway to sync to an external MIDI device's MIDI Clock from a drum machine or sequencer or the other way around where LMMS is sending MIDI Clock messages to control an external MIDI device's tempo? I have tried a few things by trying to connect, both in and out, the TEMPO/BMP's Connect-to-controller menu, but nothing so far has worked. Surely there must be a way. LMMS is too good not to have this functionality.

Thanks and kind regards,

Sean
Hiya! Connect to controller only effects things within LMMS as it refers to user created LFO controllers (or otherwise) in the program. As far as I know it is not possible to send a MIDI clock signal, but perhaps you can make a workaround.

Now, to preface I'm going to say that my knowledge on using MIDI (other than a keyboard :)) is lacking, so what I'm about to say may not be possible in the slightest. What if you created a new 3OSC track, turned its main volume down, set it to output on the CC channel the MIDI machine is listening for a clock pulse on, and then sent pulses by creating notes on the beat in the piano roll? This may be a complete shot in the dark, but I guess it is something to think about :3
Midi clock is a special real time midi message. Not note or controller message. So this won't work.
I have midi drum pads also, I can never get them working with lmms ether..
When someone figures this one out, maybe I'll put them back to use. But I'ma happy with my keyboards, and lmms.
(I was not a very good drummer anyway.)
@rghvdberg Thank you for the MIDI info! I can see how my idea will not work. I guess that since it is not a control message, there are no possible work arounds.