Instruments and Playback Clicks and Pops

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

i´ve using LMMS since Version 0.3 and i´m happy with it. I used perhaps Version 1.0.3 without Problems with my Computer Hardware, but:

Some users reported to have Clicks and Pops in the Playback. This is also on Export to WAV, also. I think it is a little Bug in the Sound Engine of LMMS ?

The Problem is resolved and worked fine on my System, when i use the LMMS Version 1.0.96. Another user here resolved the Problem with this Version, also.

I played a little Bit with the Buffer and with other Sound Devices, this all don´t helps. And: All my Music File are Fine on the Spectrum Analysor, no Redline...

When i switch from SDL to another Sound Device, the Sound is very Disorted and very bad... In SDL it works, when i play a single Instrument without Clicks and Pops, but when more Sounds incoming/when the LMMS Sound Engine is under Load, it clicks and Pops and Crackles, but no Red-Line on the Spectrum Meter.

This is not a CPU issue. It´s a Quad Core and has no Load on the CPU meter when playing this Music.

The Beta Version 1.0.96 works fine on my System and i currently work with this. Also the 32-Bit Version almost the same...

Thanks for help.

In Attachment two OGG-Vorbis Music Files (Quality 1), one recorded with LMMS 1.1.0 (Clicky and Poppy) and one recorded with LMMS 1.0.96 Beta (Works superb and fine, no Failures). All ZIP Files scanned with Bitdefender AV.

My System Infos:

OS: Win 8.1 64-Bit (I hate the Windows 8 System, but have a cheap License... Bad News for M$!.. Windows 7 totally better)
LMMS Version: 1.1.0 64-Bit
LMMS Sound Device: SDL
Sound Card: Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum PCIe, latest Drivers

Attachments

think this is the same
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1606

Could you try x32, and report back?
-----
Afraid its also in x32. This needs attention.
Thanks for reporting
Hello Oleg,

i try the portaudio DLL Swap to enable the Creative Asio mode (And switched my Soundcard to Music Creation to enable Asio) but no Sound is coming out...

When i use the portaudio DLL and Windows WASAPI, the Sound is better, less Clicks and Pops but the CLicks and Pops are in and anyway the Speed of the Playback is Pitched ? :-) ...

Will install the LMMS 1.0.96 :-)

@Musicbear:

The Problem is on 64 Bit and on 32 Bit of LMMS 1.1.0 - Still the same :-)

Greetings

Attachments

@Musicbear:

The Problem is on 64 Bit and on 32 Bit of LMMS 1.1.0 - Still the same
We thanks you! It is added.
----
please read: http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1608
Hello Musicbear :D

Allright, i read your Forum-Link and issued, that there is a little difficult Bug somewhere in the LMMS 1.1.0 and all what i do is to wait for a new Version.

No Problem for me, the LMMS 1.0.96 worked stable for me (as Beta) and i have to wait.

Anyway, LMMS is the perfect Music Production Software for me and made a lot of cool Songs with it and use it daily, and i make a Donation to the Project a less months ago :)

I think anyone who use the Program shall spend some Bucks ^^

Greetings
Hello :-)

I just installed the LMMS 1.1.2 Beta-Version, and this Version runs very good for me...
No Clicks and Pops noticeable, and playing my Music just fine without Errors........ :-)
Hi Darius, thank @Fastigium, he did a great job fixing this: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1662

However we have an issue loading VST's on windows for 1.1.2, this is not really a bug but an issue when the package was built, should be fixed soon.