The struggle of Gps learning music and sheetmusic

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
516 posts
Thank you.

Googling blues scale did not help much either, there are many different blues scales.

This means I will have to go by ear, and maybe just write down the blues scale.

Fun fact, that Eb key from the tutorial sounds fine. Often with out of scale notes I instantly twitch, but not with this one. :)

Typing this I think of a female music teacher, who on purpose played a note like this, its was out of scale but sounded fine.
She said she did not know why but also not to think too much about it, if it sounds right its right.

I did find a scale that has E and Eb in it (in LMMS), but there is no F in that scale, which rules out that's the scale the tutorial uses.
Gps wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:49 am
No i gave you the notes of the scale named aBlues : A; C; D; D#; E; G;
But you need to mark them manually in piano-roll :[ unfortunately
musikbear wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:56 pm
Gps wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:49 am
No i gave you the notes of the scale named aBlues : A; C; D; D#; E; G;
But you need to mark them manually in piano-roll :[ unfortunately
Yes but that tutorial has E and E flat and F in it. :)

C C Eb E G C A G

Key of C it says. And he also transposes to F

That's 2 notes from the tutorial that are not in the blues scale you mention :)
Found one scale in LMMS that has E and Eb in it but it misses other notes from the tutorial.

So I have no clue on what scale he is using, will have to pick one, maybe use "youre" blues scale.
Gps wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:53 am
Yes but that tutorial has E and E flat and F in it. :)
Eb = D#
but F Thats not good - F# would go Because if its F# the you can use eHarmMin : E; F#; G; A; B; C; D#;
At least its so close, that you can use it to set the scale with LMMS, and then edit that.
Its at least a bit simpler, than marking every note manually :p
Lol about Eb = D# I keep falling in that trap.

I have to pick a Key though and maybe should go for E harm min.

I think I used C mayor for the teaser and just corrected the notes from the tutorial into the scale.

Now have to make up my mind, the blues scale or E minor. :)
Gps wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:30 pm
the blues scale or E minor.
Not eMin but eHarmonic-Minor
Harmonic-Minor is the third in the scale-dropdown, then just pull it from e, and yes the key would be E
Found it, interesting. :)
But melody does not work any more, it sounds less good :o

Think its the transpose to F and then to G from the original, causing this.

Been trying some more scales too, that F in combination with E and Eb is a definitely a problem lol

Wondering what to do, if I stick to notes from the tutorial, I am having a problem. :)

Tried this site ( scale finder)
https://www.scales-chords.com/fscale_re ... 2=&c3=&t3=

Lmms does not seem to agree on E neopolian, having a C in the scale unlike the site claims.
Maybe I should just ditch the E or Eb , and go for C mayor. :)
Gps wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:24 pm
Wondering what to do, if I stick to notes from the tutorial, I am having a problem. :)
Remember that of-scale notes can be added to a song. In jazz this is said to create 'tension' and i believe jazz-musicians talk about the 'blue-note'. But even Classic composers uses this a lot
Now you go and play this:
OR recreate it in LMMS 8D+
Picture not just for laughs, because observe all the '#' and 'b' inside the partiture, those are single notes played out of scale!

Buuuuut then again, if that seams a bit difficult have a thought for the percussionist, cause he is 'asked' to do..
Aua......... !

But this musician is not spared either.....
lOl
Emagine to get that handled out, and be told to prepare that for Saturday' concert.... :}
Lmms does not seem to agree on E neopolian, having a C in the scale unlike the site claims.
Neopolitan is a w e i r d scale! 3 adjacent semitones will sound 'odd', but eNeopolitanMinor does include c
LOL

For ones I am not taking that challenge.

But maybe I should just go by the notes from the tutorial, and use my ears, as long as they don't protest, it should be fine. :)

I am not even gonna try to understand that sheet music. Seems there is allot of feel in it. :)

Remove cattle for stage lol
516 posts