Pros and Cons of LMMS - Need your opinion!

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
What do you think are the pros and cons of LMMS?

Pros:

Cons:

If you were about to start a business (small recording studio) would you use LMMS or other DAW software (up to U$150 in price)?
If there will be at least one set of normal instruments (piano, guitar (distortion, bass, ..., clean), drums, orchestral instruments (violins, flutes, ... ), than it will be good =)

I installed NI Kontakt, so i have some guitar samples (Prominy LPC Distortion guitar, clean guitar, V-Metal, etc.), many pienos, enough orchestral instruments.
But i can not find or combine good lead guitar sound (I use Linux Mint 17). I could make this sound in Windows, but Windows with time it works slower and slower. And in one good moment comes time to reinstall Windows. And with windows I need to reinstall many large (over 100 gb) libraries - they claim installation and registration.
So wariant to use LM17 and LMMS is much durable.
Also it's quit difficult to find good drums too.
So this is a little con.

Also it's not comfortable to work with paterns. If to remove pattern from music editor it removes at all. If to switch off a pattern in music editor, it begins to hinder (to overlapother patterns).
It is a con too.

Absence of freezing feels quite acute. I think that converting one track (track of one instrument) with effects on it (also it will be not bad to freeze track without effects in mixer, only with effects on the instrument itself). In large compositions, freezing would be wery useful.

Good-looking and simple to use interface - good side of this program.

The simpleness of settings like too.

Ability of LMMS to work with the quickly-working Jack server helps to superior by comfort working (tautology again) with other DAWs in Windows.

But this program, as i think, does not fit using in studio yet, because it has not ability to record sound and to work comfortly with patterns (It concedes, for example, to FL Studio).

Sorry for my bad english, thanks for good program =)
For a recording studio LMMS is pretty useless as it can't record audio... It is more like a synthesis software or tracker. If you prefer to edit your audio in other software anyway, LMMS can be the software where you put everything together.
Pro: It fits most of my midi music needs.
Con Can't save as a midi file.
Pro Makes a great finished product.

No other pro or cons for me.
When it comes to live recording, I use Allen & Heath ZED-10 mixing board hook up via usb, with Audacity.
Live recording https://jumpshare.com/v/RVscqJCoNvcObirXmL8W
For a small home based studio, not much more is needed. Besides talent, and I surround myself with talented students all the time.
Cons: The UNDO function doesn't work.
Pro: Free. For the price it is feature packed
Con: Missing industry standard features (accurate dB readouts, actual VST support. being Real Time safe, rock-solid stability, the list is looong), clunky UI, poor themeing support (it is improving though...). I mean this in the nicest way, but free does come with a cost: usability, or the lack thereof.

I managed to buy FL Studio Signature (XXL) for 147 USD on sale a while back, I would use that if I ran a studio.
Having used both Logic and LMMS - I'd probably want both in a professional setting, actually. It may be a little buggy, and lack features found in the commercial models, but for me the workflow in LMMS is simply unbeatable.
MP3 Import/Export feature would be funky :33
Eino wrote:
Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:56 pm
Pro: It fits most of my midi music needs.
Con Can't save as a midi file.
Pro Makes a great finished product.

No other pro or cons for me.
When it comes to live recording, I use Allen & Heath ZED-10 mixing board hook up via usb, with Audacity.
Live recording https://jumpshare.com/v/RVscqJCoNvcObirXmL8W
For a small home based studio, not much more is needed. Besides talent, and I surround myself with talented students all the time.
Now you can save (export) as a midi file