How to fade out the beat and bassline editor?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I am working on my Vangelis? piece, and tried to improve some transitions, by having certain track fade out.
I also added a pan effect, and I am rather happy.

Then however I wanted to do the same with the beat and baseline.

I don't get how to do this though ?

I noticed I can add an automation track in there too, but I am confused.

If someone can point me to a manual I am happy too.
You cannot apply automation on B&B patterns that are drawn on the song editor.

You can try using automation track(s) within the B&B editor, but this will affect all patterns that you draw on that B&B track on the song editor. To solve this, create a separate B&B track for each different fade.

So for example when you want to cross-fade B&B tracks A and B, clone both and automate cloneA to fade out, cloneB to fade in.

On the song editor it will look like this:

[A---------]_______________
________[CloneA]_________
________[CloneB]_________
_______________[B-----------]

Hope this helps.
Thank you, I think I get it.
I got it working, but I don't think you should make a clone.

At least not for what I wanted, just a fade out, of the bble at the end of the track.

When I made a clone I ended up with the original bble, constant fading out, starting over at full volume, fading out and so on.

I got it working by adding another bble, then add exact the same instruments, and set the volume the same as the first ones.
Then added 4 automation tracks, to which I dragged the volume knob, of the last 4 instruments.

I feel a feature request coming up. :P
if i understand you, you have say 5 BB instruments and you want to fade only those?
Here you uses SEND and split the signal from a new channel "All-Percusion" (ap):

focus each of the BB instrument, and remove SEND on master
Set SEND to ap
focus ap and set SEND to master

Now you can control the individual BB instrunts on their own resp channels, but you have a 'collective' channel -et thats ap, and you can easily automate that, and fade compress or any other thing you can imagine

is that understandable -or is a tut needed?
musikbear wrote:if i understand you, you have say 5 BB instruments and you want to fade only those?
Here you uses SEND and split the signal from a new channel "All-Percusion" (ap):

focus each of the BB instrument, and remove SEND on master
Set SEND to ap
focus ap and set SEND to master

Now you can control the individual BB instrunts on their own resp channels, but you have a 'collective' channel -et thats ap, and you can easily automate that, and fade compress or any other thing you can imagine

is that understandable -or is a tut needed?
You do understand me right.

A tutorial would be great, but I am gonna have a look if I can figure out myself, what you are trying to tell me.
At the moment I don't get it at all, but I do get the impression its exactly what I need.
Yeah, these tasks is something the FX mixer is useful for, applying effects to groups of instruments for example :)
I was wondering about the FX mixer, can I automate those sliders ?
No separate BB patterns are needed! And yes the sliders can be automated!
When you have automation *inside* a BB pattern (in the BB-Editor) it will repeat just like the pattern does. If you want automation that's different across repeats (for example longer than the pattern, like your fade out), you need an automation pattern *outside* the BB pattern, in the song editor.
With this knowledge you can easily ctrl + drag the volume knobs of each drum pattern onto separate automation tracks and draw the fade out. Problem solved!
Doing it this way requires as many automation tracks as you have instruments, which is a bit messy. To solve this, you can use the FX mixer.
You need to make sure all your drums go through one FX channel. You can do this easily by adding all your drums to one FX channel, but if you have more than one FX channel with your drums (like having all the elements of a layered drum in one FX channel), you can use the send feature. Add a new FX channel and name it "drums" (or whatever). Select an FX channel that contains drums, and click the small "send" button at the top of the "drums" channel.
Now ctrl + drag the "drums" volume slider onto an automation track and draw your fade out!
(Sorry about the long/late message...)
Specular describes what i sugested -Do you need a video - or do you feel that this method is generally interesting ?