Hello..

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi all
I've just joined the forum today. I downloaded LMMS to my Win 8 PC in Jan 2015 and haven't had a chance to use it much yet. Today I've played with it for an hour or more with mixed success. I'm not a musician but I like music and computing/programming and look forward to making some "banging tunes" (?!) with LMMS. As I stated, some things worked for me today and some didn't (eg one failure was, I tried adding DSK Acoustic guitar vst plugin but cannot see it installed anywhere? I did successfully add some of the guitar samples from this site though.).

Using LMMS will, I think, just be a digital hobby for me and I look forward to using it more and asking questions and helping out on the forum if I can (hard as a newbie to LMMS but you never know!). It's good to have this forum resource and thanks and best wishes to all here! :-)
Richard, Welcome to the forum.
I hope your hobby becomes more than a hobby, my music is an extension of my emotions.
To add VST plugins, drag an instance of vestige into the song editor. Open it up and press the folder icon to browse to the vst file and select it, then press show GUI to open the plugins user interface :D (I might be wrong somewhere in the process, I haven't used VST's in LMMS in a while)
And there is a link to the wiki up there ^ under the "documentation" tab
meight as well focus on the page in question
https://lmms.io/documentation/Working_with_VSTs
Welcome :), and you are always welcome to ask all questions