Importing Pre-Existing Songs

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello there! So I have been able to successfully import a preexisting song that was a .ogg into LIMM using the plugin that comes along with it. The problem that I see now is that you have to start at the very beginning of the song every time you want to hear it because the song is treated as a note, and if you play halfway through a note, nothing is heard at all. I see that you could split the .ogg into intervals so that you wouldn't have to start at the very beginning, but does anyone know a better workaround to the problem?
I have the same problem, and no idea if this can be solved.
I would also like, that if I slow down the song, the imported song slows down too.
In some way sync it to the bpm.
I don't import whole songs as ogg. Just samples that I have, or have made.
I think it can be done by stretching out a note for the whole duration of the song tho.
That's how I do it at the moment, I have one note long enough for the entire original song to play.

But that hip hop cover was the first song ( prob because its made on a computer too) were the original stayed in pace with what I made.
With all other imported original songs, I can get it right for max 30 seconds.
Then either the imported song, or mine versions goes ahead.
Well, that is quite lucky that the tempo matched the tempo of the song. I guess that the best method as far as I can see is to just divide the song into fragments meticulously. If I had a feature that I wish that the developers would add in, it would be the ability to hear a sound clip from anywhere on a note and not just the beginning. Thank you guys so much for your information and if I come up with anything or a workaround, then I will definitely mention it to you.
i can assure you that this issue has high focus, but it is far from simple. Some deep core things has to be altered. Maybe something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-4G_5d1ggU
will be 'in' for a transient period, but it has not been accepted at all, because it do not implement a real solution, only somewhat of a work-a-round, but you can do that manually, with the bmp-setting - In fact.. You can even do the trick with automation, because lmms reacts correctly to moved automation, in live playback
Sounds great that that there might be a solution in the future.

I once noticed when trying to do an Vangelis cover, ( slow build up) that if I raised the speed of my song twice 1 bpm during the song I was damn close.
Never tried this with the automation editor, but that sounds interesting.
Thank's now I have a solution for adding some of my long samples to my music, rather than stick to short samples, or using midi.