My first "true" jazz piece!!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I really suck with jazzy music, but today I somehow pulled it off XD

Here's the piece:
https://soundcloud.com/peeftube-music/e ... pical-cafe
Great instruments, and the clear crisp mix is very good, i like the theme, but in jazz one of the pedigrees is variations, jazz is often almost a kind of friendly 'battle', where a theme is expressed in various ways by the brilliant performers, i miss something like that In your piece
I like that a lot. Very interesting. :)
musikbear wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:14 pm
Great instruments, and the clear crisp mix is very good, i like the theme, but in jazz one of the pedigrees is variations, jazz is often almost a kind of friendly 'battle', where a theme is expressed in various ways by the brilliant performers, i miss something like that In your piece
Duly noted.
musikbear wrote: Great instruments, and the clear crisp mix is very good, i like the theme, but in jazz one of the pedigrees is variations, jazz is often almost a kind of friendly 'battle', where a theme is expressed in various ways by the brilliant performers, i miss something like that In your piece
I agree with this guy. And anyway Jazz is more of a live art form, and the real feel is in watching the performers improvise on each other's improvisations, it's like a dance.
But apart from that, the track is really cool, and the mix is awesome. I don't even know how to make my instruments sound like that. Well, in my defense I'm new at this stuff.. :P
I'll admit, it's not pure jazz, but that lack of variation doesn't mean that it's not jazz. There are jazz pieces that have little to no variation, such as pieces from the 20's to the early 70's. They qualify as jazz although they are almost completely, if not entirely written/scripted out. One such example would be 1941's "Chattanooga Choo Choo," which is clearly an organized piece, but is definitely jazz (although it's technically "swing," but close enough).
peefTube Music wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:23 pm

Here's the piece:
Something about the start up and certain saxo sounding parts of this tune, made me remember
good ol' cool relaxing 80's soul RnB type music.
The one that black singers would sing too, with a lot of backup singers. 8-)

Tip: Add in few more melodies, to make the track a bit less repeating and that might help make
this tune, sound a bit more jazzy exciting.

But for a try at jazz, I'd say you did well, and this came out really nice. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 am
peefTube Music wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:23 pm

Here's the piece:
Something about the start up and certain saxo sounding parts of this tune, made me remember
good ol' cool relaxing 80's soul RnB type music.
The one that black singers would sing too, with a lot of backup singers. 8-)

Tip: Add in few more melodies, to make the track a bit less repeating and that might help make
this tune, sound a bit more jazzy exciting.

But for a try at jazz, I'd say you did well, and this came out really nice. :D
Thanks! :D