Page 1 of 1

Midi keyboard input in LMMS piano roll.

Posted: May 6th, 2017, 5:33 pm
by globetrotterdk
I am using LMMS in Ubuntu MATE 16.10 with a Novation LaunchKey 49 Mk. 2. I can get input in the plug-ins, but am unable to get the keyboard to work with the LMMS piano roll. I have also been unable to find anything in the LMMS manual. Am I missing something? Help would be appreciated.

Re: Midi keyboard input in LMMS piano rolle.

Posted: May 7th, 2017, 3:50 pm
by musikbear
globetrotterdk wrote: ↑
May 6th, 2017, 5:33 pm
I can get input in the plug-ins, but am unable to get the keyboard to work with the LMMS piano roll.
Do you mean that you do have sound when you Mouse-press the preset-kb, but when you hit a key on your midi-kb, there is no sound?

I have also been unable to find anything in the LMMS manual.
This is the chapter about midi-kb,
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI
have you read that?

Re: Midi keyboard input in LMMS piano rolle.

Posted: May 8th, 2017, 7:11 am
by globetrotterdk
Thanks for the reply. I have discovered that this is not really about the MIDI input. The piano roll doesn't work at all. It is impossible to even click and draw notes in the piano roll.

Re: Midi keyboard input in LMMS piano rolle.

Posted: May 8th, 2017, 12:34 pm
by musikbear
globetrotterdk wrote: ↑
May 8th, 2017, 7:11 am
It is impossible to even click and draw notes in the piano roll.
O..k
Lets test if lmms works
Shut down lmms
shut down your pc and reboot
open lmms default -eg load no projects!
open This project: "//projects\\cool_songs/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz"
Press play.
What happens?