Page 1 of 1

Halving all notes and rests in a piano roll.

Posted: May 16th, 2017, 3:13 pm
by globetrotterdk
Hi,

I have created my first bass line, but I think the whole bass line is too slooow. How do I cut the value of all notes and rests in a piano roll by half? Moving each note separately, particularly in what I consider to be a medium long piano roll is very fiddly, so I am hoping that there is at technique for moving everything at once. Any ideas, suggestions?

Re: Halving all notes and rests in a piano roll.

Posted: May 17th, 2017, 4:10 pm
by musikbear
globetrotterdk wrote: ↑
May 16th, 2017, 3:13 pm
How do I cut the value of all notes and rests in a piano roll by half?
In lmms you can scale notes inside piano-roll proportionally.
* Mark all notes (ctrl+a)
* press and hold shift
* mouse-point to a right-egde on any note
* Drag the mouse
The result is proportional scaled notes with the rests ~ 'space between the notes'

Re: Halving all notes and rests in a piano roll.

Posted: July 30th, 2017, 3:05 pm
by Douglas
musikbear wrote: ↑
May 17th, 2017, 4:10 pm
globetrotterdk wrote: ↑
May 16th, 2017, 3:13 pm
How do I cut the value of all notes and rests in a piano roll by half?
In lmms you can scale notes inside piano-roll proportionally.
* Mark all notes (ctrl+a)
* press and hold shift
* mouse-point to a right-egde on any note
* Drag the mouse
The result is proportional scaled notes with the rests ~ 'space between the notes'
I don't think this is quite what he is asking for. He said notes and rests. So, if I am correct, that would mean it would have the same effect as doubling the tempo. So, if the original was eight measures, the output would be four.

I've wanted something to do this for me (when I get a MIDI file I would like to double of halve the speed of), but I haven't been able to find anything to do it. I know it's ridiculously obnoxious, but I had to do it by hand... :/

I even looked online for a tool outside of LMMS to do it. Nothing.

I'm a programmer... maybe I should figure out how to program something to do that? Maybe I'll mess with it later...