Secret Wishes

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Been a while since my last post. Have had serious pc issues :(
Any advice welcome :)
Listen to Secret Wishes by Dewke #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-330158/secret-wishes
The beats and synth melodies in this, are really nice and give a surreal atmosphere too.
I will admit, you did a good job making this tune, sound not too repetitive. :D
And nice work, with the tune melody variations and tune tonal changes
throughout the track. Two thumbs up. :D

PS: What kind of PC issues, are you having? :)
This is the first time I've listened to your music.

The first words that come to me are "dense", "charged".

Some ideas :

- At the beginning of the track, fade in the volume of the first pad with an automation. Like this, the listener pays attention first to the percussion elements.

- The end of your track stops abruptly (takes a look at the spectrogram view of Audacity). You can put an empty block of the BB Editor at the end of the track to let the reverb tail go off gradually. Then, the length of the block must be adjusted. Or you can automate the volume drop of its mixing channel.

- When a single pad plays, that's ok. When a second pad arrives, you can put the first one in the background (for example by gradually decreasing its volume, or by filtering certain frequencies, etc.) Same when a third pad arrives.

- What else ?

Sorry for my broken English.
Thanks for the great feedback and advice. :). Always wondered how to get the echo to sustain all the way to the end. Currently doing a new mix. Going to add some effects and automation.

Brandystarbrite wrote :
PS: What kind of PC issues, are you having?

Had to buy a new one. Been doing most on a very small laptop which is very fiddly :(