Cauliflower Music - debut

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey guys,

I downloaded LMMS and started playing with it about a week ago and I managed to get out my very first track. I made this purely for fun and didn't have any experiences with any other music program so if you guys could give me some feedback, I'd be very grateful. You can find the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7gj_eT4zmw

I hope you enjoy and I hope some of you might give me some tips since it's only my very first track ever.

Kind regards,

Cauliflower
It seems to me that some samples do not finish cleanly.
You can check it out by listening to them in solo mode (easier to spot with headphones).
You may need to activate ENV / LFO> VOLUME> AMT on these samples.

For a first track, it's not bad. I wish you a good continuation.
Thanks for the tip! I still have to discover a lot of the options and smoothing sounds out is one of the things that I'm still struggling with. This solution might help me though, thanks.
Concerning the samples, in general,

- If you hear an unwanted click at the beginning of the sound, you can make a slight fade in via ENV/LFO > VOLUME > ATT, assigning it a value greater than 0 (e.g. 0.01).

- If you hear an unwanted click at the end of its sound, you can perform a fade out in at least two ways via:
1) ENV/LFO > VOLUME > REL, assigning it a value greater than 0 (e.g. 0.01)
2) or ENV/LFO > VOLUME> DEC, assigning it a value greater than 0 (and with SUST = 0).

If this can help.
I like it, Thomas The Dank engine is hilarious :lol:
Haha thanks, that one wasn't made with LMMS though
Cauliflower Music wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Hey guys,

I downloaded LMMS and started playing with it about a week ago and I managed to get out my very first track. I made this purely for fun and didn't have any experiences with any other music program so if you guys could give me some feedback, I'd be very grateful. You can find the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7gj_eT4zmw

I hope you enjoy and I hope some of you might give me some tips since it's only my very first track ever.

Kind regards,

Cauliflower
This tune really has a cowboyish feel and sound to it. :D
Nice work on this dude. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:21 am

Thanks! I've been somewhat busy with exams the past few weeks, but I'm planning to get another track out next week. Hopefully you'll be able to hear that I've improved slightly. ;)
Cauliflower Music wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:01 pm
brandystarbrite wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:21 am

Thanks! I've been somewhat busy with exams the past few weeks, but I'm planning to get another track out next week. Hopefully you'll be able to hear that I've improved slightly. ;)
Okay, cool.
No probs. :)