Page 1 of 1

[Ambient House] Mixed Feelings

Posted: June 17th, 2017, 1:44 am
by Etorna_Z
https://soundcloud.com/etornaz/mixed-feelings

Enjoy, feedback is welcomed! :)

Re: [Ambient House] Mixed Feelings

Posted: June 17th, 2017, 5:36 pm
by D.Ipsum
I like the beginning and the end. But I am less convinced by the quieter part.

Re: [Ambient House] Mixed Feelings

Posted: June 17th, 2017, 6:44 pm
by Etorna_Z
D.Ipsum wrote: I like the beginning and the end. But I am less convinced by the quieter part.
Thanks! :)

I honestly like the quiet part in the middle, it gives the song a break.

Re: [Ambient House] Mixed Feelings

Posted: June 17th, 2017, 8:38 pm
by D.Ipsum
Yes, I understand the idea of the break. I can not clearly identify what “bothers” me.

I think I was surprised by the drop in the volume of the drums when the break began.

For example, if you hit a table with your hand, once strongly and once weakly, there is more than a difference in volume between the two. In the quiet part of your track, it seems to me that you have only reduced the volume of the drums. But the “striking force” of the drums seems identical (“striking force” that could be modified also with the attack of the volume envelope, with the cutoff of a high-pass filter and a low-pass filter, or I don't know)

So, I think it might be interesting to further modify your drums in the quiet part :)

Re: [Ambient House] Mixed Feelings

Posted: June 18th, 2017, 5:13 am
by brandystarbrite
Etorna_Z wrote: ↑
June 17th, 2017, 1:44 am
https://soundcloud.com/etornaz/mixed-feelings

Enjoy, feedback is welcomed! :)
Oooo! Would you look at that. Amazing! :D
I like this tune. It sounds cool. 8-)

Re: [Ambient House] Mixed Feelings

Posted: June 18th, 2017, 3:21 pm
by Etorna_Z
D.Ipsum wrote: snip
I can hear what you're talking about. Yes, the quiet part needs the kick's punch altered. I'll work on that, thank you! :)

brandystarbrite wrote: Oooo! Would you look at that. Amazing! :D
I like this tune. It sounds cool. 8-)
Thanks Brandy! :D