How to import a .wav file for editing/pulling samples from

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi there, guys

I'm incredibly new to using LMMS and I'm mostly self taught so I haven't figured out where everything is yet.

I have an instrumental I wanted to add to and pull some samples from but it's in .wav format and I'm not sure how to bring that into LMMS.

I'm imagining this is quite simple and I'm looking right over it but any help letting me know how to do this is appreciated (:
HiThereHeartStrings wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:07 pm
Hi there, guys

I'm incredibly new to using LMMS
Welcome to the forum ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
and I'm mostly self taught so I haven't figured out where everything is yet.

Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.

it's in .wav format and I'm not sure how to bring that into LMMS.
Either in AudiofileProcessor, or in Sample-Track,
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... th_Samples
-but i recently made a video, that covers your idea. Take a look at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHhGmvF__k
Hello,

You can use .wav, .ogg, and .flac formats.

If you are on Windows, you can place your samples in C: \ Users \ YourName \ lmms \ samples.
To easily find your samples in this folder, you can create a new folder in it (for example "MySamples").
In "MySamples", you can still create subfolders to categorize your samples (eg Kick, Snare, Hat, Bass, etc.).

To load your samples into LMMS, you must use:
- SampleTrack (the least convenient)
- or AudioFileProcessor (more options available)

The SampleTrack is available in the SongEditor toolbar. To load a sample, simply place a "block" in the sequencer (left click anywhere in the sequencer), and double-click on the green rectangle that will appear.

The AudioFileProcessor is accessible via the InstrumentsPlugin tab in the browser (the column on the left). To load a sample, just click on the icon representing a folder (in the PLUGIN tab of the AdioFileProcessor, middle right).

I hope that these explanations are understandable.