"Haunting" Nescaline set - Pieces

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
[this topic has been updated - please see post from 29.10.17]

... Sometimes I just come to the realization that I like more melody than beats.

I challenged myself tonight for some sort of detective/melancholy thingy, just using a Nescaline sample I created.

Here is the Soundcloud link.. Enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/marvin-shmn/a-ni ... e-sidewalk
The first thing I noticed, was the haunting sound and feel to it.
It sounds like a detective, searching for a clue, in a haunted house type tune.
It's a very nice, haunting and creative tune.
This is a lot of fun. The Nescaline synth and the tone of the song combined to make me feel like your detective could be stationed in Lavender Town! (Then I noticed your Route 30 remix and smiled.) I especially like the change at 1:07 and the neat swoosh at 1:34 that ends that section.
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, you can't imagine how happy and motivated it makes me :)

@MorganEAshton : The 1:07 to 1:34 section is the one I created first... I had no idea what to do with it... Then the rest came step by step ^^ It's my favorite, too.

I spent a lot of time hearing Pokemon music as a child... So I guess it's a big influence :)

I will try to come up with similar stuff in the future
Hello !

I decided to play again with that Nescaline set.
Again a haunting tune that could fit in some sort of solemn cinematic in an old-school game ^^

Enjoy !

https://soundcloud.com/marvin-shmn/walk ... gh-nothing
qantuum wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:14 pm
Hello !

I decided to play again with that Nescaline set.
Again a haunting tune that could fit in some sort of solemn cinematic in an old-school game ^^

Enjoy !

https://soundcloud.com/marvin-shmn/walk ... gh-nothing
A bit sad :cry:

The fade-out at the end of the track, on the last notes sounds hasty.
Thanks,

good if you felt sad

sorry for the hastyness, my fade-out deserved more love.
Actually I did not want to play the whole loop, just to intend the idea that the song can repeat itself.

I'll keep this in mind next time. Do you have any tip on how to build better fade-outs ?
qantuum wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 am
Thanks,

good if you felt sad

sorry for the hastyness, my fade-out deserved more love.
Actually I did not want to play the whole loop, just to intend the idea that the song can repeat itself.

I'll keep this in mind next time. Do you have any tip on how to build better fade-outs ?
For the fade-outs, I consider two general cases:

- When a track has no end, I use the fade-out to conclude the track in a progressive way, for example by starting the fade-out 4 or 8 bars before the end of the track.

- When a track has an end, I use the fade-out to cut the effects, for example a long reverb tail. In this case, I start the fade-out just after the end of the last measurement, over a length of 4 or 8 measures.

In the mixer, I have a channel dedicated to fade-in and fade-out (and other general volume automation). In the processing chain, I put this channel just before the master channel. In this "fade" channel, I automate the volume of an Amplifier (rather than the volume fader of the channel). The only advantage of using a Amplifier rather than the channel fader is that I can easily enable/disable the Amplifier.