Final Duel - inspired by: Once Upon a Time in the West

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi everyone,

Final Duel - it's my new instrumental, synth-orchestral, soundtrack song inspired by the movie: Once Upon a Time in the West (1968). Music composed by me and produced with LMMS :)

I invite you to listen it here:
https://soundcloud.com/adam-matejko-698 ... final-duel

And share with me your feedback and opinion :)
:D :D :D
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:06 pm
Short but positive :P
Yop!

I love the shades in the tones and in the performance. I love the structure, the intro, the long crescendo ending with a quiet and nostalgic moment. A nice piece of music.
Mo Stitchi wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:32 pm
Yop! I love the shades in the tones and in the performance. I love the structure, the intro, the long crescendo ending with a quiet and nostalgic moment. A nice piece of music.
Thank you very much for listening to my music and leaving such a positive review. The inspiration here was of course the duel of the gunslingers. That is why I tried to gradually build up the tension until the climax, when the shot is fired and silence is ensuing. The enemy is falling down on land and the one good is winning. The revenge took place :)
admat81 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:22 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:06 pm
Short but positive :P
Yeah, I had nothing to say, but I still wanted to say I had enjoyed it :lol:

Yesterday I rethought the few tracks of your repertoire that I listened to. I was wondering if you ever thought of creating an EP or an album (maybe you already have one?). Based on what I've hear, I believe that a concept album or concept EP would go well.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:37 am
Yesterday I rethought the few tracks of your repertoire that I listened to. I was wondering if you ever thought of creating an EP or an album (maybe you already have one?). Based on what I've hear, I believe that a concept album or concept EP would go well.
Creating the album is my small dream. I think that some my ideas for the music are good but from the other side still I am not pleased with the sound. I don't have experience for mixing these all instruments and tracks. I cannot do it well, I am lacking experience and the good hearing. But I hope, around I will be developing in this direction and at one time my musical ideas will sound well. Then the album probably will come into existence. At least both this way I don't know where later to publish it and somehow to promote so that anybody listens to it. Perhaps at one time I will make a success of it :)

PS. Forgive my English, I used the translator :P
The art of mix eh, is still a job in its own right.

What I think is the most important thing is the quality of the composition. After that, there are always solutions (call on friends, or professionals, for example).

By listening to your work, I notice that you know how to develop your ideas track by track. From there, I think you could do it on an album or an EP. Basically, you could apply to the scale of an album or an EP the structural principles that you handle on your individual tracks (principles such as intro, development, outro). I think that is when the composition of the album or the EP is completed that come the questions of mixing, pre-mastering, mastering.

I know that generally an opinion is welcome only when it is solicited, and that consequently my interventions could irritate, but well, ... at best I contribute to something, at worst I irritate ... :lol:
admat81 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:22 am
And share with me your feedback and opinion :)
Ahhh. This sounds really good. :D

admat81 wrote: The inspiration here was of course the duel of the gunslingers. That is why I tried to gradually build up the tension until the climax, when the shot is fired and silence is ensuing. The enemy is falling down on land and the one good is winning. The revenge took place :)
I agree, it definitely does sound, like what you just told us. :D

And now, the good guy turns around, walks off, and then the ending credits start to roll. 8-)