Experimental music producer sharing work

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Symbient wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:21 am
Indeed! this forum has got the right https://soundcloud.com/user-376803246/momentum

Ahoy! :)
Relaxing and a bit enigmatic. You're in a good productive stream dude.

Thank you PPNDP and Symbient
PPNDP wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 pm
Symbient wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm
PPNDP wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 pm
I am a big fan, Symbient - you are making cool stuff. Very atmospheric. I also would like to go in this direction.
I agree it is hard to get everything with LMMS (I am not too experienced to do these kinds of strong claims but I heard on other forums), especially for people who want to get a specific kind of sound (like Autechre, Monolake or Aphex Twin). Also, open-source programmes do not have such a big tutorial/workshop/textbook support.
I also like this forum because it's music-focused, people are nice there is no trolling.
I appreciate your words buddy, I will take time to listen your production.
BoC is one of my favorites from the genre of complex electronic music. Autechre is definetly one of a kind jewel in the industry.
Also my influences include, Kilowatts, Bluetech among many others.
But after all I want to make my sound unique that is the point of these creations.
Maybe one day we can create LMMS record label. Right now I have many projects coming including classical music compositions on musescore so I am unsure to where to put my resources into. It's kinda dispersed now and someday I may concentrate in electronic music more. I think there are many advanced producers in the scene. Keep them coming. D.Ipsums work is very interesting, you should check it out. Also Dewke creates golden pieces. simpleworks music is cool.

The open source community is constantly evolving with warm hearted good people, and so this is surely worth your time. 8-)
I also love Boards of Canada. I think they are first on my list of my favourite electronic musicians. The second is Four Tet. Similar in terms of the 'warmth' of the sound. Have you heard his last album - 'New Energy'? Amazing, and made only using minimal hardware: just laptop and MIDI keyboard - what may be inspiring. No idea though what kind of software he is using.
I am just beginner, so it's not really worthy to look at my stuff, they are just some motifs :)
And yes, definitely D.Ipsum and Insonico are making cool experimental stuff using LMMS. Dewke is also making the cool house with LMMS!
Do you have some classical music/composition education?
Your sound is interesting, keep developing it and something good shall form together.
I am studyin music theory yes, and also jazz improvisation. But this has not much to do with my music on LMMS, which I create in 1 to 3 sessions in 1 to 3 hours most times. It is more like improvisation with the software, which I am still getting more familiar each time I dive in to this stream of sounds.
Symbient wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:01 am
PPNDP wrote:
Symbient wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Your sound is interesting, keep developing it and something good shall form together.
I am studyin music theory yes, and also jazz improvisation. But this has not much to do with my music on LMMS, which I create in 1 to 3 sessions in 1 to 3 hours most times. It is more like improvisation with the software, which I am still getting more familiar each time I dive in to this stream of sounds.
I hope so, thanks for the listening.
You are very productive, are you recording almost every day?
I think even if the music theory is not very applicable to this kind of abstract sounds of yours, the general musical sophistication and experience is hearable.
So cool know how to improvise jazz. Do you play the piano?
Do they teach you also electronic music? Like granular synthesis, electroacoustic music etc?
You've been quite productive lately, man! I kind of envy that.
Anyway, I quite like 'Grandma', Momentum and Firefly.

And thank you for the mention PPNDP. ;)
insonico wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 pm
You've been quite productive lately, man! I kind of envy that.
Anyway, I quite like 'Grandma', Momentum and Firefly.

And thank you for the mention PPNDP. ;)
I really admire anyone making IDM with LMMS - it is super hard. A lot of detailed work with Automation, envelopes, chopping samples, and making instruments with enigmatic ZynAddSubFX....
PPNDP wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 pm
Symbient wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:01 am
PPNDP wrote:

I hope so, thanks for the listening.
You are very productive, are you recording almost every day?
I think even if the music theory is not very applicable to this kind of abstract sounds of yours, the general musical sophistication and experience is hearable.
So cool know how to improvise jazz. Do you play the piano?
Do they teach you also electronic music? Like granular synthesis, electroacoustic music etc?
Yea, I produve almost daily, but not now while travelling I am doing other art stuff on the road.
Yes I play piano, bass, guitar as well as many other instruments and sing.
No I only teach acoustic music right now, at some point would be nice to be able to teach and inspire people to produce their own sounds.
Granular synthesis is new effect to me, I will take a look at it.
Symbient wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:32 pm
Yea, I produve almost daily, but not now while travelling I am doing other art stuff on the road.
Yes I play piano, bass, guitar as well as many other instruments and sing.
No I only teach acoustic music right now, at some point would be nice to be able to teach and inspire people to produce their own sounds.
Granular synthesis is new effect to me, I will take a look at it.
Teacher? And multi instrumentalist? That's a good news. I take note. I may have a lot of questions to ask :D