Page 1 of 1

New Track (New Mix)

Posted: November 14th, 2017, 6:54 pm
by Dewke
Have made a new version of Sonic Badger (which wasn't very good) :o . Hard to believe this is the same track. Amazing what you can do when you change the drums and bassline :)
https://soundcloud.com/user-330158/sonic-bader-rebadged

Re: New Track (New Mix)

Posted: November 15th, 2017, 3:55 pm
by D.Ipsum
The track has changed a lot.

Personally, I find that the bass is a bit wide. Did you listen to it in mono?

Re: New Track (New Mix)

Posted: November 15th, 2017, 4:26 pm
by Dewke
I didn't use any stereo enhancer. That's just how the tb303 sounded. Is there any way I can reduce it and Is there a stereo reduction add on. Also I need another baseline to make it less monotonous :o

Thanks for the feedback :)

Re: New Track (New Mix)

Posted: November 15th, 2017, 6:23 pm
by D.Ipsum
Dewke wrote: ↑
November 15th, 2017, 4:26 pm
I didn't use any stereo enhancer. That's just how the tb303 sounded. Is there any way I can reduce it and Is there a stereo reduction add on. Also I need another baseline to make it less monotonous :o

Thanks for the feedback :)
I hope I'm not going to say nonsense.

The goniometer (VST effect) is useful for visualizing the correlation between left and right channel signals.
I use EasySSP: https://au.tomatl.org/

The signal is monophonic if the content of the left channel is identical to the contents of the right channel (this results in a very narrow vertical line on the goniometer). It is stereophonic to the slightest difference between these channels.

Therefore, you get stereo not only with a StereoEnhancer, but also with PAN, Flanger, Reverb and other effects that differentiate the contents of the left and right channels.

By changing the PAN, the signal becomes stereo (stereo of intensity), but it is a narrow stereo (very narrow diagonal line on the goniometer). If after modifying the PAN value you add a StereoEnhancer, this one will allow you to widen the stereo (stereo of phase).

To reduce the stereo width of the signal, or to make it mono, you can use the C*Narrower (0 = unchanged signal ; from 0,001 to 0,999 = reduction of the stereo width if there is any and refocusing the PAN to 0 ; 1 = mono signal). The C * Narrower does the opposite of the StereoEnhancer.

Can someone correct or complete?

Re: New Track (New Mix)

Posted: November 16th, 2017, 8:24 am
by Dewke
That's very useful info :)
Thanks

Re: New Track (New Mix)

Posted: November 18th, 2017, 2:31 am
by brandystarbrite
Dewke wrote: ↑
November 14th, 2017, 6:54 pm
Have made a new version of Sonic Badger (which wasn't very good) :o . Hard to believe this is the same track. Amazing what you can do when you change the drums and bassline :)
https://soundcloud.com/user-330158/sonic-bader-rebadged
Okay. This version really does sound, much better than the previous one, you posted the other day.
And it even sounds, a good bit more exciting and lively too. :D

Rebadged? Lol! That's a neat way, to describe your remade track. :D

Re: New Track (New Mix)

Posted: November 18th, 2017, 12:21 pm
by Dewke
Thanks Brandy :)