Page 1 of 2
I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 25th, 2017, 5:33 pm
by Douglas
I was challenged to make an entire song using only a single sound sample.
I could choose any sound sample I wanted, as long as I only chose one.
Of course, being me, I chose the cowbell.
Warning: This song will make you want to turn your volume all the way up. If you have any of these urges, definitely do so.
https://soundcloud.com/douglas-the-awes ... wbell-king
Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 25th, 2017, 7:13 pm
by LMMSNewcomer
That's brilliant! I used to challenge myself with samples, though I would take an existing song and sample each individual instrument and try to re-compose the song using said samples.
Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 25th, 2017, 10:24 pm
by Gps
Now thats different, but I like it.

Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 26th, 2017, 7:00 pm
by D.Ipsum
There are moments it the track that are just excellent dude!
Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 27th, 2017, 2:05 am
by brandystarbrite
One sound for the whole thing?
Wooah! You got mad skillz dude.

Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 27th, 2017, 2:51 am
by Douglas
brandystarbrite wrote: ↑November 27th, 2017, 2:05 am
One sound for the whole thing?
Wooah! You got mad skillz dude.
Yep, every sound you hear was crafted from the same sound sample! You hear the original sample (plus mastering) as the first thing that plays in the song.

Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 27th, 2017, 9:29 am
by PPNDP
Douglas wrote: ↑November 25th, 2017, 5:33 pm
I was challenged to make an entire song using only a single sound sample.
I could choose any sound sample I wanted, as long as I only chose one.
Of course, being me, I chose the cowbell.
Warning: This song will make you want to turn your volume all the way up. If you have any of these urges, definitely do so.
https://soundcloud.com/douglas-the-awes ... wbell-king
Wow, crazy!
I would never suspect that you can get so much from cowbell sample

Totally Rave material

Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 27th, 2017, 2:16 pm
by Douglas
PPNDP wrote: ↑November 27th, 2017, 9:29 am
Wow, crazy!
I would never suspect that you can get so much from cowbell sample

Totally Rave material
Thank you!
I had no idea a single cowbell sample could be so useful either

Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 28th, 2017, 1:56 am
by zeroc
The Wooden Sticks
https://soundcloud.com/zeroc_nr1/the-wo ... icks-zeroc
the sample is Plywood_B from ModeAudio.
Re: I Am The Cowbell King (SINGLE SOUND SAMPLE CHALLENGE)
Posted: November 28th, 2017, 3:02 am
by D.Ipsum