Page 1 of 1
Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS
Posted: December 1st, 2017, 9:48 pm
by musicFreQ
It's yet another WIP but one of my few personal favourites thus far. I'm not even sure I actually made it, it's that good. Will be appearing on the long-awaited
"Soundtrack to Your Alien Abduction and Subsequent Probing" album due for release in the winter of the year
3017 once it's done (wow, less than 1000 years left to complete the album...time goes so quickly...not enough hours in the day...).
https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... mothership
All comments and feedback welcome as I am here to improve as well as test out the waters a bit. Enjoy!
Re: Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS
Posted: December 2nd, 2017, 11:43 pm
by PPNDP
musicFreQ wrote: ↑December 1st, 2017, 9:48 pm
It's yet another WIP but one of my few personal favourites thus far. I'm not even sure I actually made it, it's that good. Will be appearing on the long-awaited
"Soundtrack to Your Alien Abduction and Subsequent Probing" album due for release in the winter of the year
3017 once it's done (wow, less than 1000 years left to complete the album...time goes so quickly...not enough hours in the day...).
https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... mothership
All comments and feedback welcome as I am here to improve as well as test out the waters a bit. Enjoy!
Cool track!
What movies inspired you? Or maybe some close encounters of the fourth kind?
I will freeze my body and wake up in 3017 to buy you album.
PS: You could add some alien vocals if you meet any

Re: Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS
Posted: December 3rd, 2017, 3:34 am
by D.Ipsum
Yeah, nice one! Everything is here. Regarding the mix, I would say that you could better control the stereo of each track (I have no special advice since it's something I do not master well).
Re: Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS
Posted: December 4th, 2017, 5:34 am
by brandystarbrite
Quite a track you made here.
And I will admit, the title of the track, mixed in together with all of those sound effects
and synth sounds and melodies, seem to tell a story. And make it, a uniquely interesting tune
to listen too.

Re: Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS
Posted: December 8th, 2017, 10:25 am
by musicFreQ
PPNDP wrote: ↑December 2nd, 2017, 11:43 pm
musicFreQ wrote: ↑December 1st, 2017, 9:48 pm
It's yet another WIP but one of my few personal favourites thus far. I'm not even sure I actually made it, it's that good. Will be appearing on the long-awaited
"Soundtrack to Your Alien Abduction and Subsequent Probing" album due for release in the winter of the year
3017 once it's done (wow, less than 1000 years left to complete the album...time goes so quickly...not enough hours in the day...).
https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... mothership
All comments and feedback welcome as I am here to improve as well as test out the waters a bit. Enjoy!
Cool track!
What movies inspired you? Or maybe some close encounters of the fourth kind?
I will freeze my body and wake up in 3017 to buy you album.
PS: You could add some alien vocals if you meet any
Thanks!
No movies in particular (OK, maybe some
Blade Runner,
Close Encounters,
Event Horizon,
Alien, every
Star Trek movie ever,
E.T....okay, not
E.T....oh, and
Paul).
Did once meet a grey funny-shaped blob I believed to be an alien and that almost inspired me...but then it turned out that I had too much to drink and the dude just happened to be "out of shape"
I'll still ask him to provide necessary vocals though.
Please do take care to calibrate the correct freezing settings and leave a note for any future grandchildren for de-thawing of your body when undertaking cryogenic auto-preservation...we don't want you missing the album release party now, do we?

Re: Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS
Posted: December 8th, 2017, 10:31 am
by musicFreQ
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑December 3rd, 2017, 3:34 am
Yeah, nice one! Everything is here. Regarding the mix, I would say that you could better control the stereo of each track (I have no special advice since it's something I do not master well).
Thanks! Yeah I do feel like I've nailed something here. Just need to get the mix in order properly (like all my stuff, really).
Re: Yet another generic electronic track made in LMMS
Posted: December 8th, 2017, 10:37 am
by musicFreQ
brandystarbrite wrote: ↑December 4th, 2017, 5:34 am
Quite a track you made here.
And I will admit, the title of the track, mixed in together with all of those sound effects
and synth sounds and melodies, seem to tell a story. And make it, a uniquely interesting tune
to listen too.
Thank you for the kind words, glad you liked it. Hope to improve it yet though.