Page 1 of 1

Trying to do instrumental rap

Posted: December 8th, 2017, 5:27 pm
by s3mp1t3rno
Just leaving this here, any help or comments would be appreciated. Hope someone with more experience can help, Im just starting. My plan is to have fun with LMMS, and share what I do with friends, And in the future if it is possible hear some mc use one of my songs (everyone can dream). I know I have a long way to walk but here I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGY_w5JBI0

Re: Trying to do instrumental rap

Posted: December 8th, 2017, 10:00 pm
by Gps
I like it.

Re: Trying to do instrumental rap

Posted: December 9th, 2017, 3:52 am
by Kalaherty
I also liked it. The drums were nice and aggressive in an industrial sort of way. (I love industrial rock, so I mean that as a compliment).
I also like the repetition and layers... I know a lot of people feel funny about repetition, but I think it can be pleasing, especially with a build of layers... but have you looked into the "automation" features of LMMS?

I can imagine the track getting dirtier and more textured with the automated use of decimation on the drums over time... Even controlled reverb or delay can give a lot more depth to a piece.

Good stuff anywho, I put a like on it. :D

Re: Trying to do instrumental rap

Posted: December 9th, 2017, 9:15 am
by s3mp1t3rno
I really don't know how to use automation. I will have to check and mess around with it. Thanks for the comments.

Re: Trying to do instrumental rap

Posted: December 10th, 2017, 3:10 am
by brandystarbrite
You have the cool beat skills! 8-)
Nice work so far man. :)

Re: Trying to do instrumental rap

Posted: December 13th, 2017, 9:15 pm
by D.Ipsum
Nice!

There are some clicks at the end of the samples. This could work out with the REL of the volume envelope.