Page 1 of 2

Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 9th, 2017, 3:00 am
by Jbarn
Hey guys, been workin on this one for an hour.
I feel like if i spent a good amount of time on this I could make it better but the whole track was basically a one take and then I added some extra adlibs.

So let me know what you think of this one, I think it has a lot of potential.

https://soundcloud.com/jbarn97/look-at-life

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 9th, 2017, 3:39 am
by Kalaherty
I like it... I was a bit confused by the intro at first, there's some harsh clipping on the crunching sound, but I'm happy I sat through it. I think because of the length, the intro was dictating the style... But it's more like one of the intro skits used in something like a 90's-mid 2010's rap track, right? (That's what it reminded me of).

The main melodic vocal over the beat is quite nice... it has a convincing drained melancholy. I'm not sure of the outro-ish free-verse... but maybe that's because I feel another repetition of the melodic vocal should repeat after the free-verse... maybe another free-verse and a reprise at the end to fade it out...

That's my thoughts on it anywho... I liked it though, quite the pleasant surprise to click on.

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 10th, 2017, 2:54 am
by brandystarbrite
Cool tune/style man. :D
Soundin' good. 8-)

Okay. I noticed, that the singer sounds British. :D

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 12th, 2017, 3:55 am
by Jbarn
Kalaherty wrote: ↑
December 9th, 2017, 3:39 am
I like it... I was a bit confused by the intro at first, there's some harsh clipping on the crunching sound, but I'm happy I sat through it. I think because of the length, the intro was dictating the style... But it's more like one of the intro skits used in something like a 90's-mid 2010's rap track, right? (That's what it reminded me of).

The main melodic vocal over the beat is quite nice... it has a convincing drained melancholy. I'm not sure of the outro-ish free-verse... but maybe that's because I feel another repetition of the melodic vocal should repeat after the free-verse... maybe another free-verse and a reprise at the end to fade it out...

That's my thoughts on it anywho... I liked it though, quite the pleasant surprise to click on.
All I can say, is you got it right on point! LOL
The intro is just a skit kind of thing, although I am making the song final with no intro like that.
Also plan on extending the verse at the end, because it was there pretty random, but ill extend the verse there.
Love the harmony part though, awesome.
Glad you listened through and liked it.

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 13th, 2017, 11:49 pm
by Jbarn
brandystarbrite wrote: ↑
December 10th, 2017, 2:54 am
Cool tune/style man. :D
Soundin' good. 8-)

Okay. I noticed, that the singer sounds British. :D

Appreciate it lol, and I'm american.
Funny you mention that haha

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm
by D.Ipsum
Terrible, good atmosphere, I appreciate it well under the sun that hits hard. Too bad the end is so brutal ...

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 15th, 2017, 7:26 pm
by PPNDP
Nice track.
Old fries, hangover, post-party atmosphere, rising sun on the horizon, yearning desire for warm breakfast and bed.
I am waiting for the part two about those reflections about life.

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 18th, 2017, 3:36 am
by Jbarn
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
December 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm
Terrible, good atmosphere, I appreciate it well under the sun that hits hard. Too bad the end is so brutal ...
I like this comment

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: December 25th, 2017, 12:40 am
by Jbarn
PPNDP wrote: ↑
December 15th, 2017, 7:26 pm
Nice track.
Old fries, hangover, post-party atmosphere, rising sun on the horizon, yearning desire for warm breakfast and bed.
I am waiting for the part two about those reflections about life.
Exactly, and also II believe a part two is very needed.

Re: Look at Life - J Kidd [ NEED FEEDBACK ] Please :D

Posted: January 27th, 2018, 9:16 am
by Jbarn
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
December 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm
Terrible, good atmosphere, I appreciate it well under the sun that hits hard. Too bad the end is so brutal ...
Wait, sorry for posting back on this but......
Did you say this was terrible? LOL