Page 1 of 1

First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 2nd, 2018, 4:28 am
by ophbeat
Hey guys!

https://soundcloud.com/user-341004542/nine-rock-blues

Happy new year, and first song of the season for me! I went for a more free jazzy thing for the chorus, and a more straight rock thing for the verse.

Lemme know whatcha think

Cheers!
-Tim M.

Re: First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 2nd, 2018, 10:10 am
by Mo Stitchi
Yop!


Add some melotron and we are back in the mid seventies, with the "progressif rock" bands.
( I'm listening to Genesis "The lamb lies down on Broadway" while writing this post, so thanks for reminding me this great LP)

Congrats for making some "alternative" music with LMMS.

Re: First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 2nd, 2018, 7:39 pm
by ophbeat
Mo Stitchi wrote: ↑
January 2nd, 2018, 10:10 am
Yop!


Add some melotron and we are back in the mid seventies, with the "progressif rock" bands.
( I'm listening to Genesis "The lamb lies down on Broadway" while writing this post, so thanks for reminding me this great LP)

Congrats for making some "alternative" music with LMMS.
Thank you good sir! In my opinion "alternative" is just another way of saying "Music from the heart and the lab, that doesn't let nobody tell it what it should sound like"

Re: First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 6th, 2018, 1:44 am
by D.Ipsum
By association, I went from "progressive rock" to "King Crimson". Curious.

Re: First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 8th, 2018, 12:55 am
by ophbeat
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
January 6th, 2018, 1:44 am
By association, I went from "progressive rock" to "King Crimson". Curious.
The Internet is a strange place.

Re: First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 8th, 2018, 1:39 am
by D.Ipsum
ophbeat wrote: ↑
January 8th, 2018, 12:55 am
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
January 6th, 2018, 1:44 am
By association, I went from "progressive rock" to "King Crimson". Curious.
The Internet is a strange place.
The central nervous system too.

Re: First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 21st, 2018, 7:35 pm
by ophbeat
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
January 8th, 2018, 1:39 am
ophbeat wrote: ↑
January 8th, 2018, 12:55 am
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
January 6th, 2018, 1:44 am
By association, I went from "progressive rock" to "King Crimson". Curious.
The Internet is a strange place.
The central nervous system too.
https://giphy.com/gifs/something-watson ... D2XWfJ7tV6

Re: First Release of the year! FABULOUS rock/jazz experiment

Posted: January 23rd, 2018, 4:03 pm
by brandystarbrite
This is an amazing rock tune.
It even has that 70's and 80's type rock sound, mixed into it too.
Amazing. :D