Page 1 of 1

Piano roll cracking every time a new note is played

Posted: June 9th, 2018, 1:18 pm
by Nerkec
Every time a different note is changed, or even the same note repeating a few times I hear a crack and it is very annoying and not nice for your ear either.

https://imgur.com/a/I3f6Pra

I can send in an audio file too if it is needed.

Re: Piano roll cracking every time a new note is played

Posted: June 9th, 2018, 3:26 pm
by musikbear
Nerkec wrote: ↑
June 9th, 2018, 1:18 pm
Every time a different note is changed I hear a crack
This all about setting a good Envelope
Read:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... .2FLFO_tab
and specifically :
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... #Envelopes

You can also watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRzIcJ31Yjc

Just ask again if needed

Re: Piano roll cracking every time a new note is played

Posted: June 9th, 2018, 9:08 pm
by D.Ipsum
Nerkec wrote: ↑
June 9th, 2018, 1:18 pm
Every time a different note is changed, or even the same note repeating a few times I hear a crack and it is very annoying and not nice for your ear either.

https://imgur.com/a/I3f6Pra

I can send in an audio file too if it is needed.
You may need to activate the volume envelope of your synth (AMT = 1), with:

- ATT = value close to 0 (if the click appears at the beginning)
- REL = value close to 0 (if the click appears at the end)

Otherwise, sometimes, some effects can be used to explain unwanted artifacts.

Does it work?

Re: Piano roll cracking every time a new note is played

Posted: June 12th, 2018, 2:23 am
by brandystarbrite
Nerkec wrote: ↑
June 9th, 2018, 1:18 pm
Every time a different note is changed, or even the same note repeating a few times I hear a crack and it is very annoying and not nice for your ear either.

https://imgur.com/a/I3f6Pra

I can send in an audio file too if it is needed.
What synth are you using? :geek:

Re: Piano roll cracking every time a new note is played

Posted: June 15th, 2018, 11:21 am
by Nerkec
Hey everyone thanks for taking time to respond but it turns out the problem was in my speakers, just checked it this morning and everything is alright!!

Re: Piano roll cracking every time a new note is played

Posted: June 17th, 2018, 12:53 am
by brandystarbrite
Speakers?
Okay. It makes sense now. :)