Automation issues in version 1.2.0

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Recently updated from version 1.1.3, and I'm having some problems with automation- not sure, though, if the change is intentional or not. When I set, for example, the volume of an instrument, I'll click one block in an automation track and Ctrl-drag a volume knob to it, it stays locked at that volume for the entire remainder of the song no matter how I try to change it. It didn't do that in 1.1.3- the volume would stay locked until the end of the block, then I could adjust the knob again afterward if I so desired and then drag it to another automation block at a different are of the song. This was really handy for changing the volume of an instrument over time, because I could just play a certain part of the song, adjust it until it sounded right, then lock it in with automation wherever I wanted. Now I can't do that because the first time I assign a knob to an automation block it stays locked where it is and I can't change it without going into the automation editor and just sort of guessing?

I tried turning off song-global automation but of course that didn't do anything. Was this change intentional?
Foggy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:33 am
a block in an automation stays locked at that volume for the entire remainder of the song
Yes.
Was this change intentional?
Yes! The feature is 'remembering' the automation-block placed as first-upstream from playhead. The idea in this feature is that you can start anywhere in the project, and the automation will be correct.
However, it does create that issue you describe
Solution:
Copy or reinsert a new automation block downstream from the first inserted, then edit the points.
We mean to have a 'forget' feature on the blocks, but is yet to be implemented
musikbear wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:14 pm
The feature is 'remembering' the automation-block placed as first-upstream from playhead. The idea in this feature is that you can start anywhere in the project, and the automation will be correct.
Heh... y'know, that was my only complaint with how the automation worked before. Good to know nothing's broken!