Page 1 of 1

Envelope issues in RC6

Posted: June 17th, 2018, 12:31 pm
by Foggy
Was composing a new track in RC6 and noticed the envelope generator doesn't seem to work right. Here's what I've observed:

Attack, when at the lowest setting, simply mutes the instrument. As you increase it the instrument gets louder but the actual attack of each note stays the same.

Delay, Hold, Decay, and Sustain don't seem to do much of anything

Release works the way it's supposed to.

Is this just me, or have I found another bug?

Re: Envelope issues in RC6

Posted: June 17th, 2018, 2:04 pm
by musikbear
Foggy wrote: ↑
June 17th, 2018, 12:31 pm
have I found a bug?
What instrument? - I will test

Re: Envelope issues in RC6

Posted: June 17th, 2018, 4:15 pm
by Foggy
musikbear wrote: ↑
June 17th, 2018, 2:04 pm
Foggy wrote: ↑
June 17th, 2018, 12:31 pm
have I found a bug?
What instrument? - I will test
Triple Oscillator and FreeBoy so far. I haven't messed with any of the other ones yet but that still makes it two for two.

Re: Envelope issues in RC6

Posted: June 17th, 2018, 5:42 pm
by musikbear
Foggy wrote: ↑
June 17th, 2018, 4:15 pm
Triple Oscillator and FreeBoy
I cant reproduce on RC6. Are you sure you have AMT on + max?

Image

The behaviour you have would be consistent with having AMT on - Max, or maby not invoked at all?

Re: Envelope issues in RC6

Posted: June 17th, 2018, 9:11 pm
by Foggy
Oh my gosh, you're right. Oops... :/

Still, I feel like it didn't do that in 1.1.3... I seem to remember it having the same effect no matter which way I turned AMT, and I wasn't aware there was a negative setting. Guess I know better now. Thanks!