Page 1 of 1
How to use Drum Kits in LMMS
Posted: August 7th, 2018, 9:40 pm
by crying4you
I just downloaded a free drum/sample kit of Media Fire from Reddit. I am new to all this so i hope someone can help me find a way to use the kit in LMMS.
Re: How to use Drum Kits in LMMS
Posted: August 8th, 2018, 8:33 am
by musikbear
crying4you wrote: ↑August 7th, 2018, 9:40 pm
I just downloaded a free drum/sample kit of Media Fire from Reddit.
Welcome to the Forum crying4you !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
help me find a way to use the kit in LMMS.
That depends.
If the samples are freely available as single (wave) files, then you can use them with LMMS' AFP:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... th_Samples
If they are 'build in', then you need to use them inside the VST-plugin. Here you need to use out VST-layer, learn about that here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Working_with_VSTs
Make sure your VST can pass
the 5-point-test!
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... t_VST_test
Re: How to use Drum Kits in LMMS
Posted: August 13th, 2018, 1:45 am
by crying4you
Thank you for the help i really do appreciate it. I have tried and tested the VST-plugiin and it still did not work. I am only lost in the part about the LMMS AFP.
Re: How to use Drum Kits in LMMS
Posted: August 13th, 2018, 9:02 am
by H4CKTON3
'If they are a lot of wav file,l just put them in C:/users
Re: How to use Drum Kits in LMMS
Posted: August 13th, 2018, 1:09 pm
by musikbear
crying4you wrote: ↑August 13th, 2018, 1:45 am
lost in the part about the LMMS AFP.
AFP Audiofile-processor is just a player/ container for samples.
Did you read the link i gave you? What specific is not easy to understand ao. confuses you?
Re: How to use Drum Kits in LMMS
Posted: August 16th, 2018, 5:21 am
by brandystarbrite
crying4you wrote: ↑August 13th, 2018, 1:45 am
I have tried and tested the VST-plugiin and it still did not work. I am only lost in the part about the LMMS AFP.
Welcome to the lmms forums
crying4you.
Don't forget to check out the links, that
musikbear provided.
They contain lots of informative info.
Okay: What is the name of this
vst that you're using?
And what version of
Lmms are you using?