Page 1 of 1
Music theory
Posted: November 22nd, 2018, 7:32 pm
by Rafaelcortazio
I have watched several tutorials on the internet about musical theory but it only has the basics, I know the basics but when I open the program I feel in a sea of possibilities. I even create good chords but it's a struggle to create a melody and make it I agree with the chords. I'm really frustrated but I do not give up.
If anyone knows of any tips I appreciate.
Re: Music theory
Posted: November 22nd, 2018, 8:48 pm
by slipstick
A key phrase to look up is "voice leading". That's all about how melodic lines and chord progressions relate.
Steve
Re: Music theory
Posted: November 24th, 2018, 3:43 am
by brandystarbrite
Rafaelcortazio wrote: ↑November 22nd, 2018, 7:32 pm
I have watched several tutorials on the internet about musical theory but it only has the basics, I know the basics but when I open the program I feel in a sea of possibilities. I even create good chords but it's a struggle to create a melody and make it I agree with the chords. I'm really frustrated but I do not give up.
If anyone knows of any tips I appreciate.
Making chords can sometimes be a tough process.
And making chords, that go well with melodies, can sometimes be tough too.
Slipstick's advice could help you here.
