Page 1 of 1

Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 12th, 2019, 4:34 pm
by Jole_C
So this is my first track after my super long hiatus. I used presets for this, but as I go I'm gradually going to start changing the Synth1 settings and making them into my own sounds.

(Please check comments further down for updated versions)

Any critique on it?

Re: Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 14th, 2019, 8:54 pm
by Third Eye Focus
The first 20 seconds are awesome, but I don't like the synth that starts then.

You could create a great track out of this.

Re: Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 15th, 2019, 11:03 pm
by Jole_C
Third Eye Focus wrote: ↑
June 14th, 2019, 8:54 pm
The first 20 seconds are awesome, but I don't like the synth that starts then.

You could create a great track out of this.
I gotta agree with you, I can't stand the melody synths either. I simply haven't been able to find anything I like that also fits. Any ideas on what I could do?

Re: Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 16th, 2019, 4:54 am
by brandystarbrite
Jole_C wrote: ↑
June 12th, 2019, 4:34 pm
So this is my first track after my super long hiatus. I used presets for this, but as I go I'm gradually going to start changing the Synth1 settings and making them into my own sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/jole-challinor/synthwave-thingy

Any critique on it?
The synth that starts the track, doesn't sound bad at all, but I can understand, why you don't like it for this track. The same with the other synth sounds.

This track definitely has good potential though. Not bad at all.

Re: Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 16th, 2019, 6:54 pm
by Jole_C
brandystarbrite wrote: ↑
June 16th, 2019, 4:54 am
Jole_C wrote: ↑
June 12th, 2019, 4:34 pm
So this is my first track after my super long hiatus. I used presets for this, but as I go I'm gradually going to start changing the Synth1 settings and making them into my own sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/jole-challinor/synthwave-thingy

Any critique on it?
The synth that starts the track, doesn't sound bad at all, but I can understand, why you don't like it for this track. The same with the other synth sounds.

This track definitely has good potential though. Not bad at all.
Thanks!

I really want to work on it, but I'm completely out of ideas for what to replace those melody synths with...

Re: Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 16th, 2019, 7:57 pm
by Jole_C
Here's a new version I made with a different synth and a few other changes.

https://soundcloud.com/jole-challinor/s ... new-melody

Soundcloud has been butchering the quality, so I'll probably move to newgrounds.

Re: Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 21st, 2019, 5:42 am
by brandystarbrite
Jole_C wrote: ↑
June 16th, 2019, 7:57 pm
Here's a new version I made with a different synth and a few other changes.

https://soundcloud.com/jole-challinor/s ... new-melody

Soundcloud has been butchering the quality, so I'll probably move to newgrounds.
Soundin' good dude.

Okay, I noticed something:
The synth melody that plays in the background, that can be heard from 23 secs to 48 secs, seems to be out of key, with the rest of the tune. You might have to find the right key, so it'll blend in well, with the other sounds. :)

Re: Synthwave thingy (first song after hiatus)

Posted: June 21st, 2019, 8:45 am
by Jole_C
brandystarbrite wrote: ↑
June 21st, 2019, 5:42 am
Soundin' good dude.

Okay, I noticed something:
The synth melody that plays in the background, that can be heard from 23 secs to 48 secs, seems to be out of key, with the rest of the tune. You might have to find the right key, so it'll blend in well, with the other sounds. :)
Thanks! I'll see what I can do, although I'm not sure what to change it to. I think maybe it's just the synth, since the previous one didn't have this issue. If that makes any sense.