[WIP] Candy Aurora Theme

Working on a theme for LMMS? Post progress and get feedback.
Hi. :)

A few days ago I've begun working on a new theme. At the moment it is in Alpha state.
Here you can see how it looks at the moment - https://imgur.com/a/58lQMgA

Of course, it can be used right now although it is not fully done.
You can find it on the Sharing Platform under the Modern category.

My design is inspired by -
"UI Concept - Single Window" - https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1911

I will be posting major updates/progress here and I would really like to know what you think about it. ;)
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated. :D

Vibrantic wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm
Hi. :)
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Vibrantic !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

A few days ago I've begun working on a new theme. At the moment it is in Alpha state.
Here you can see how it looks at the moment
That is an impressive work!
Being rather eyesight challenged i Personally like the different coloured buttons, and file-categories. That is highly functional
I think you have a theme with good ergonomic functionality, and that is imo most important, because i regard LMMS as a tool.
You must however take colour-blindness into consideration, if you want to present a theme that also can be used by that segment, but that is imediately making design a whole lot more difficult! -Well next to impossible if all
https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis- ... simulator/
(Input-box just above the picture of crayons -insert your pictures there)
Interesting project and well done.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it so far. :)
I do know that color-blindness is important and that everyone should be able to use software without any difficulties.
Creating a color scheme for every color-blindness type is pretty impossible but for the most common it should be doable.
The Cobils site will help a lot, thank you. :D
Love your theme. Finally using LMMS does not make me feel like I am in 2005 anymore. :lol:
Also the vibrant colors induce me to be creative. The default theme in its monotone grayscale/black&white theme is very dull.

Thanks a lot!
LIT theme, I'm gonna use this. Thank you.

btw

it's gonna be bad news for people with protanopia :lol:
Hi, Vibrantic!
-----------------
I really like your theme Candy Aurora. It's very cheerful. Looks much better to me personally than all those "dark" themes, etc.
But for myself, I have made "a lot" of changes to it. I'm not an expert in image manipulation software, and I'm completely unfamiliar with css or anything similar. I did everything intuitively and the only way to make something sane was to assemble a theme from several others. I called this modified theme Auron (Aurora+Cameleon).

It consists of:
-----------------
  • 01. Main theme body - Candy Aurora (50%)
  • 02. Some icons (knobs, switches, icons in the Mixer, Beat+Bassline, etc) I've taken from Cameleon theme (by Jan Domalewski (TheQuazet)) (20%)
  • 03. From theme Flat Bamboo (by Rndm Dud) I've taken MenuBar-commands from css-file and customized them on my own. Add green backlight for the Main Menu items. And I made the drop down menus bigger (20%)
  • 04. Changed the color of the Mixer (4%)
  • 05. Changed icons in Settings and LADSPA Plugins Browser (2%)
  • 06. Replaced the background - some flat wallpaper from Google (2%)
  • 07. Replaced the splash screen on the classic one. I think it looks better (2%)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To see screenshots of Auron, visit RATAKU

Unfortunately for some reason I can't create an account on the LMMS Sharing Platform. Always - Authentication Failure.
So you can only download and look at this "craft" from here.

All these things were only tested in version 1.2.2 for Windows. I think I will have to sweat later to fit it to the upcoming 1.3.0 version.
Unsign wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:32 am
Hi, Vibrantic!
-----------------
I really like your theme Candy Aurora. It's very cheerful. Looks much better to me personally than all those "dark" themes, etc.
But for myself, I have made "a lot" of changes to it. I'm not an expert in image manipulation software, and I'm completely unfamiliar with css or anything similar. I did everything intuitively and the only way to make something sane was to assemble a theme from several others. I called this modified theme Auron (Aurora+Cameleon).

It consists of:
-----------------
  • 01. Main theme body - Candy Aurora (50%)
  • 02. Some icons (knobs, switches, icons in the Mixer, Beat+Bassline, etc) I've taken from Cameleon theme (by Jan Domalewski (TheQuazet)) (20%)
  • 03. From theme Flat Bamboo (by Rndm Dud) I've taken MenuBar-commands from css-file and customized them on my own. Add green backlight for the Main Menu items. And I made the drop down menus bigger (20%)
  • 04. Changed the color of the Mixer (4%)
  • 05. Changed icons in Settings and LADSPA Plugins Browser (2%)
  • 06. Replaced the background - some flat wallpaper from Google (2%)
  • 07. Replaced the splash screen on the classic one. I think it looks better (2%)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To see screenshots of Auron, visit RATAKU

Unfortunately for some reason I can't create an account on the LMMS Sharing Platform. Always - Authentication Failure.
So you can only download and look at this "craft" from here.

All these things were only tested in version 1.2.2 for Windows. I think I will have to sweat later to fit it to the upcoming 1.3.0 version.
Hey Unsign,

I'm really happy you like my theme that much that you even decided to make a variation of your own. :D
An interesting mix of themes. I will be making a completely new theme shortly for 1.2.2 and 1.3. I'm satisfied with what I've made so far but there is still a lot more we can get out of the theme configuration (creation).

Still, it would be great if we had more options and more stuff we could configure. :D

I'm not really the biggest fan of dark themes even though I made a kind of one. :lol:
The next one is probably going to be somewhere on the lighter side. :)

Wish you a wonderful day!! :)