Page 1 of 1

Distributing music with samples from library

Posted: January 26th, 2020, 2:25 pm
by Hawcky
Hey everyone.
I have already google this question, but I can't understand anwser:
You can do whatever you want with derivative works, just don't relicense anything
Does it mean, if I used samples from LMMS library, I can't distribute and sell my music?

Re: Distributing music with samples from library

Posted: January 27th, 2020, 7:20 pm
by Hawcky
Bump

Re: Distributing music with samples from library

Posted: January 28th, 2020, 1:36 pm
by musikbear
Hawcky wrote: ↑
January 26th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Hey everyone.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Hawcky !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I can't understand anwser:
You can do whatever you want with derivative works, just don't relicense anything
Does it mean, if I used samples from LMMS library, I can't distribute and sell my music?
No -It means that, if YOU are using LMMS' samples, as part of YOUR OWN track/song rendered to a soundfile format, like MP3, then EVERYTHING belongs to YOU!
You may use the MP3 soundfile in a game you make, publish on social media or through a record-company, and EVERY revenue belongs to YOU!

You are NOT allowed to take any sample out of the collection and sell that sample, as your own!

Re: Distributing music with samples from library

Posted: February 2nd, 2020, 10:30 am
by Hawcky
Thank you! You helped me a lot :D