covid19 ..ya

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
79 posts
I have been asking myself if i should make a post, addressing covid19. I was doubtful. But then again with my background with 30+ y in cellular research i felt that maybe i should
There are a lot of crap out there about this decease, so why not share..
I will mention some of the most erroneous misconceptions that degrade the level of information:

1) Infection through 'touch'
WRONG! There are ABSOLUTELY no vira that can pass human skin!!! (if there was, we would be cooked..) The warning has however still bearing, because you can get virus on your hands, and THEN you infect yourself, next time you touch your OWN face!
Instead of warning against 'touches' the much more important WARNING is:
DO NOT TOUCH YOUR OWN FACE!!!
2) infection from surfaces
Very rarely! most viruses are infection incapable after few seconds on most surfaces, but this has yet to be proven!
3) Animation show several strings of RNA coming from one virus, only one copy resides pr virus, (but that is irrelevant, and in insignificant mistake)
4) Masks protects you
* Masks does not protect you from being infected!
** However: Masks can make you more selfconscious about NOT touching your face!!! In THAT context masks DO make sense!!!
Masks can dampen your sneeze and that is the reason asians wear masks -out of courtesy!
Use Gloves:
* Gloves does not hinder you from touching your face. In that respect they are false secure! But you can actually wear *nitrile-gloves* constantly, because the gloves are much easer to rinse with detergent! IF you do , use olive-oil INSIDE the gloves, or your skin will be damaged! Wash vigorously as soon as you are IN your home! Asap as in EMEDIATELY!!! -Without touching ANYTHING, then remove gloves, and wash hands thoroughly! (2 mins -remember fingertips/ nails)
Cleaning at home with spirits and worse...
* There are NO reasons for cleaning your electronic devises at HOME -unless others than YOU has used them! If they are infectious, you are infected already...
Infections from Food
* There are NO sign of zoonosis with any consumer/ farm animals, or pets. You should be ok eating normal food. Normal kitchen hygiene is also enough IN YOUR OWN PRIVATE KITCHEN!!!
Stay indoor
No you do not have to do that! You can take a walk at the seashore, or in the woods, but dont frequent dence populated areas, unless you must -Buying food is still necessary...

You are welcome to ask specific questions.

-----------------
Aug. 2022
Sadly there has been some posts that has had to be removed!
Anything political will NOT be tolerated!
A pandemic is completely unpolitical!
Anyone that uses a pandemic for sleazy political reasons are a heal!
Read the RULES!
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
Thanks Musikbear,

I have been wearing gloves this past two weeks when I am in petrol filling station, grocery shops and work.

I also am wearing a mask as it stops me touching my face.

I treat the gloves like my own hands, sanitise them as I go so to not spread it any further if I have picked it up.

I sanitise and wipe all goods down when I bring them to my house before packing them away.

Leave my clothes in the entrance to the house and shower straight away when I come home.

But most importantly, I keep my distance and respectfully request other to do the same when I am around other people.

Stay safe everyone, this will pass in time, but not without serious changes to all of our lifestyles.

Peace and good wishes to everyone.
Good post, and you're proving to me, that my government as usual is full of it. :)

I am also worried about what comes next, because I am 99% sure there is a plan behind this virus or they are using the virus for their plan.

Public Enemy - Fight the power

People, people we are the same
No we're not the same
'Cause we don't know the game
What we need is awareness, we can't get careless
Are you in USA?

I would be heading out of city if you possibly can.

Not because i think the world is going to implode, but the scumbags that are in every city in the world will use this as an opportunity to start chaos.

The bigger the city, the worse it is.

Stay safe everyone.
I am in the USA. I find that getting back to learning LMMS takes my mind off of other things. It's a break from my other projects. I live in a big city and it is much quieter than normal here. No airplanes overhead, not as much traffic. In other words, I'm trying to find the silver lining in the very dark cloud. The worse the news gets, the more I concentrate on LMMS. Not really worried too much, as long as there is some food in the supermarket. Hope everyone else is OK. Cheers.
musikbear wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 am
But then again with my background with 30+ y in cellular research i felt that maybe i should
1) Infection through 'touch'
you are on a STEM field?? :O
Yes, I've watched a lot of infographic videos that they can go through eyes, nose, mouth -- organs which are connected (I forgot which passage was that) and then it can enter the trachea
most viruses are infection incapable after few seconds on most surfaces, but this has yet to be proven!
Viruses cannot survive outside hosts, thats why most of them cannot last for much longer on surfaces and only take chances when someone touched an infected surface with the viruses still surviving and then someone touched their faces. But some of them last for few hours, this is why it is important to disinfect groceries wit bleach and alcohol before storing, someone who was infected may have touched the items (of course, NOT RECOMMENDED to fruits, vegs and meat, but possibly, replace the plastic bag they were on) because they can last up to 8 hours(?) on surfaces based on the news I watched.
4) Masks protects you
* Masks does not protect you from being infected!
They can actually protect you, BUT one MUST know how to use them PROPERLY in order from not being infected. do not touch the blue/colored part which is always outside the face. The mask must be from the nose bridge to the lower part of the chin just next to neck. Dispose after max. time of 8 hours. When removing, only touch the STRINGS, then wash hands properly (sing happy birthday 2x) and dispose the mask properly, do not place it anywhere else esp. places that are touched often.
-Buying food is still necessary...
Speaking of this, please do NOT hoard/panic buy, the vulnerable and poor have nothing to get.

Disinfecting doorknobs should be also a habit
I dont want to nitpick, but there are a few misunderstandings in your post;)
vortexsupernova wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:32 am
they can go through eyes, nose, mouth -- organs which are connected (I forgot which passage was that) and then it can enter the trachea
No. Vira goes through the body mucous membranes, it is all those surfaces that seams 'moist' Mucous membranes are however very different, some are significantly thicker than others, Thin membranes are much more vunable for vira, (witch was the most significant reason for HIV infection in the gay community.)
Viruses cannot survive outside hosts,
Unfortunately they can. In general (to general) we can say, that as long as vira can obtain a moisture coating around its surface, the vira will be infectional. This is why you can be infected more often in winter, because cough with viruses not only can 'hang' in the air, but will actually move upward for a while, because they are 'warmer' than the winter-air. However real frost will dry away the moisture and inactivate the virus.
I would not wash vegetables in bleach :)

Masks ..
Im sorry, but i do not agree. The kind of masks that you need to really protect you from airborne vira are not available in normal stores. Only bio-hazard gear in at least lab-class II would protect you. But only if you have an air-lock, with hard-UV (uvC) and who does that.. EVEN then.. Pros get infected every year with Ebola, and several dies. It is really difficult to use these things.
-Buying food is still necessary...
Speaking of this, please do NOT hoard/panic buy, the vulnerable and poor have nothing to get.
Big YES! Its not only really bad taste/ behaviour, it is also not necessary
Disinfecting doorknobs should be also a habit
True! Every surface that is not under your OWN control, and doors are NOT, should be considered as unclean
Aye. About time someone made a topic, on this stinky corona/covid 19 virus. Cool. :)
musikbear wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 pm
Masks ..
Im sorry, but i do not agree. The kind of masks that you need to really protect you from airborne vira are not available in normal stores. Only bio-hazard gear in at least lab-class II would protect you. But only if you have an air-lock, with hard-UV (uvC) and who does that.. EVEN then.. Pros get infected every year with Ebola, and several dies. It is really difficult to use these things.
This one frustrates me to no end... I had to get some replacement dust mask filters for work, and of course when I went to the hardware store to get some everything had been cleaned out... this was just before the big panic set in where I am. I asked one of the employees where they'd all gone and she explained that it was due to panic buying (I don't watch the news so I wasn't up to date on what was happening). My reaction was "This is stupid!" She nodded and said "Yep." I said "They're not even designed for viruses!" She nodded and said "Yep." But here we are with random stupid shortages because I guess nobody knows any better.

Knowledge is power, folks.
Gps wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:52 pm
I am also worried about what comes next, because I am 99% sure there is a plan behind this virus or they are using the virus for their plan.

Public Enemy - Fight the power

People, people we are the same
No we're not the same
'Cause we don't know the game
What we need is awareness, we can't get careless
I think alot of people around the world, have come to that conclusion too.
It's kinda scary when you think about it. And this whole virus thing is super strange.

And wow! Those pharmaceutical companies, are making alot of money this year.
Why am I not surprised at all. :P

The lyrics in that Public Enemy song, are really interesting though.
79 posts