Can I integrate a web game and background music

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I have a question: can I integrate a web game and background music. The idea is the next: I want to film a stream, using a screen recorder program (btw, suggest me one if you know any). I have a site, where I constantly download royalty free music. But this way I need to correct my streams in iMovie after the game, which is time-consuming. What I want is to play while the music comes right from the site and record a screen. My idea is something to go with, in the end, I will get a great gaming video that is good enough to show to my fans without any correction."
parrowmike86 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:12 pm
I have a question: can I integrate a web game and background music. The idea is the next: I want to film a stream, using a screen recorder program (btw, suggest me one if you know any). I have a site, where I constantly download royalty free music. But this way I need to correct my streams in iMovie after the game, which is time-consuming. What I want is to play while the music comes right from the site and record a screen. My idea is something to go with, in the end, I will get a great gaming video that is good enough to show to my fans without any correction."
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... er-screen/

The link above shows how to record your screen using Windows Game Bar (a built-in tool for Windows 10 computers), PowerPoint, and some other apps.
If you want a free recorder then learn OBS.

One thing you can do is use OBS to record multiple tracks and with an extension (that can be downloaded) in audacity (I think it's ffmpeg or something), just drag the recorded video and it will separate everything.

How to sort of set OBS to record multiple tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLiBC072MXs

Using Audacity to separate those tracks and save the hassle of putting everything in sync:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJnjJyl-ZcQ
hey, I'm really curious what's the site from where you said you downloaded your music?
I don't really know what site the OP uses, but in case you are interested I can give my opinion on one. I've been using the same royalty free music library for a few years now ever since I was in uni. I took a minor in videography and some courses in marketing, but they were not what I was initially drawn towards. Things changed eventually and I now pretty much work with audios, be it for marketing videos, for in-game music, for sites, I work on a lot of stuff. The only thing that did not change was the platform from which I get all of my audios. My subscription to it did however, cause I knew I would need it full-time so I chose the yearly plan, but you can use it for a one time download as well. The key for all of this is that you need royalty free audio, and quality one that is.
With OBS, you can record the desktop, with music and sounds from the game. After that, edit the record to remove everything that you don't want your subscribers to see.
Man, though it's been more than 2 years since you shared that idea with us, it still sounds cool. Did you manage to perform that? When I had to make the same idea come true, I used Fastreel to record my screen. It was the first free video editing and screen recording app I found on the Internet, so I chose it. Long story short, it worked pretty well for me. Still, I'd be very grateful if you shared your results. That's very exciting for me, actually! I'll be waiting for your reply, buddy!!
KathleenWeiss wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:57 am
With OBS, you can record the desktop, with music and sounds from the game. After that, edit the record to remove everything that you don't want your subscribers to see.
Use the Desktop Audio setting in OBS. Similar to the above, navigate to Audio Mixer > Desktop Audio > Click the Settings button (small gear cog symbol) > Properties. Select your audio interface as the Device. Any audio you play on the computer should then be heard on the stream
Yes, it is possible to integrate a web game and background music while recording your screen for a gaming video. Here's a suggested approach:

Choose a screen recording program: There are several screen recording programs available, both free and paid. Some popular options include OBS Studio, Bandicam, and Camtasia. You can explore these programs and choose the one that suits your needs and preferences.

Set up the screen recording: Install and set up the screen recording program on your computer. Familiarize yourself with its settings and features to ensure smooth recording.

Open the web game and music site: Launch the web game you want to play and open the site where you download royalty-free music in a separate browser window or tab.

Adjust audio settings: In your screen recording program, ensure that you have selected the correct audio input source to capture the sound from the website. This will allow the background music to be recorded along with the game.

Start recording: Configure the recording settings as desired, such as resolution, frame rate, and recording area. Then, begin the screen recording and start playing the web game while the background music plays from the site.

Monitor audio levels: Keep an eye on the audio levels during the recording to ensure the game audio and background music are balanced and not overpowering each other. Adjust the volume settings as needed.

Stop recording: Once you finish playing the game and have recorded the desired footage, stop the screen recording.

Edit and finalize: After you have finished recording, you can use video editing software like iMovie or other popular options such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro to make any necessary edits, add transitions, trim the footage, and sync the audio and video if needed. This way, you can fine-tune your video before sharing it with your fans.
Yeah, it's possible to create engaging gaming videos with integrated background music. Using a reliable screen recording program, you can effortlessly capture both your web game adventures and the perfect soundtrack. Just follow these steps to ensure a seamless recording experience.