Vestige is not loading my VST's

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

So basically I've been trying to get Vestige to load my VST's however, just as some others have mentioned before me, vestige won't load them. No crashes, no freezes, simply nothing happens.

I attempted the solution that seemed to work for others, posted by musikbear (https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32642), but it did not work for myself. If anyone has any ideas, let me know, I appreciate all feedback, thank you guys :)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Total Physical Memory 9.94 GB

I'm using LMMS 1.2.1 - downloaded from https://lmms.io/download#windows
All my paths seem to be correct, as far as what I have seen people suggest to do online
None of my VST's work, I have attempted:
MDA Piano - downloaded from http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
Sonatina Orchestra - downloaded from http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... le&id=2541
idontknow123 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:35 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum idontknow123 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

I have attempted:
...everything i can think of, so that do leaves us with
All my paths seem to be correct, as far as what I have seen people suggest to do online
Out paths are not logical!
The directory VST-plugins is not for VST-instruments! It is for VST-Effects
I sincerely hope that you have your instruments in the effect-directory, because i cant imagine what else it could be. You have already done all i suggest for solving this issue..
But there are one thing you also need to try:
In sidebar we have the option My Computer -its the last button. That is a normal file-browser, and you can find and focus any file on your pc.
I want you to browse to the location where you have your mda Piano.dll.
point to the dll, hold left-mouse and drag the dll into song-editor, when the icon shows a '+', then drop it in the track.
What happens?
Hey, thanks for responding.

Sorry to ask but could you explain the effect directory, because there are no directories labeled effect in the settings. Also, all my VST-instruments are in the same folder as my VST-effects. Is that a problem?

When pulling the mda piano right from My Computer and placing it into the song editor, Vestige loads in without any VST's.

Thanks,
Idontknow123
idontknow123 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 6:34 pm
could you explain the effect directory,
there are no directories labeled effect in the settings.
That is correct!
The directory for VST-effects are VST-plugins
So the second from top in image
all my VST-instruments are in the same folder as my VST-effects. Is that a problem?
It is not suppose to be. You will also see all names of instruments, when you browse for an effect, thats annoying.
Your VST-Instruments should be placed in the Samples-directory in your USER-files.
That is because that directory is serialized.
I am sure we will change that one day
When pulling the mda piano right from My Computer and placing it into the song editor, Vestige loads in without any VST's.
That is beyond weird?!
Are you saying that is you drag the MDA-piano-dll out in songeditor, you DO get a new VST-instrument-stub:
But exactly as in the picture it reads
" No VST-plugin loaded "
Where it was suppose to say MDA-piano?!?
And if you press a key on the instrument mini-kb, there are no output??

If so this must be something with rights in windows
Have you tried running lmms from an administrator prompt?
I moved my Instruments to the Samples file.
Yes exactly as you said, once I add the VST-instrument to my song-editor I get Vestige loaded as an empty shell, "No VST-plugin loaded". Also, there is no output once I attempt to press a key on the instrument mini-kb.
I ran the program as administrator however, the outcome was the same.

Again, thank you for trying, I will continue to look into it. If you have any more ideas let me know. :)
idontknow123 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:25 pm
I moved my Instruments to the Samples file.
Yes exactly as you said, once I add the VST-instrument to my song-editor I get Vestige loaded as an empty shell, "No VST-plugin loaded". Also, there is no output once I attempt to press a key on the instrument mini-kb.
I ran the program as administrator however, the outcome was the same.

Again, thank you for trying, I will continue to look into it. If you have any more ideas let me know. :)
The samples folder is not the right folder but what I would like you to try.

You do as before, and you will have vestige not making sound after dragging the vst in.
Now click the green folder icon and browse to the .dll file of the vst to load it..
And tell us what happens :)
Once I do as you said, I open the VST-instrument through the green folder, my cursor indicates that something is loading, but after about 5 seconds, the loading finishes and I am left with the same blank canvas of Vestige with "No VST-Plugin Loaded".
Gps wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 pm
Actually it IS the correct folder!
The reason is, that documents| user| lmms| Samples
is the only folder that has serializing. It is an oversight from us, but if you do have VST-instruments that need to be in own folders, like Synth1, with banks and artwork, then /Samples is the only folder that still let the VST.dll be inside a subfolder, but still able to find its banks etc
idontknow123 wrote: Once I do as you said, I open the VST-instrument through the green folder,
And that also happens if you use the side-bar | My Computer and directly browse the to dll and physically drags it in to song editor? You do understand what i mean? Right?

If so, and you also have started lmms through right-click | run-as-administrator, your windows are blocking 'something'
Can you btw open any VST-effects?
DL One of those in the tested list, and try to load it
Ya I understand, and ya I have also ran LMMS as an administrator, but have still received the same outcome.
I can open effects, but VST-effects are weird. I downloaded the LoudMax https://loudmax.blogspot.com/ and attempted to load it into the triple oscillator, the effect loads in, however, there is no option for controls, and the VST-effect doesn't actually have any effect on the triple oscillator I personally don't know about LoudMax, but with other limiters, there is usually an option for controls.

https://imgur.com/a/68G2GRT
musikbear wrote:
Gps wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 pm
Actually it IS the correct folder!
The reason is, that documents| user| lmms| Samples
is the only folder that has serializing. It is an oversight from us, but if you do have VST-instruments that need to be in own folders, like Synth1, with banks and artwork, then /Samples is the only folder that still let the VST.dll be inside a subfolder, but still able to find its banks etc
Oops, sorry about that. Maybe there is a difference between Windows and Linux on this?
My vst are all in folders, in a folder called vst except effect vst which I put in this folder directly.
Been doing this for years,

Maybe later today I will try to install LMMS on windows 10 pro 64 bit, to see if I encounter any vst issues.

First as a normal user and let windows do it thing, and then maybe install as admin and run as admin.