Legality of selling sound created in LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I've been looking onto the legality of selling sound created in LMMS, but the responses are mostly answering questions regarding the usage of sample.

If I use triple oscillator to create a single note sound and apply a single effect onto it (for example, pitchshifter) and then export it, is it legal to sell it? Let say I want to create a sound for phone ringing.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to this post!
SoundTime wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:02 am
If I use triple oscillator to create a single note sound and apply a single effect onto it (for example, pitchshifter) and then export it, is it legal to sell it? Let say I want to create a sound for phone ringing.
You can use that sound for whatever you want. you can sell it or give it away or whatever. Period. If you create a hit with it and make millions, those money are yours. The tax you have to pay for that money belongs to you also.
SoundTime wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:02 am
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum SoundTime !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I've been looking onto the legality of selling sound created in LMMS, but the responses are mostly answering questions regarding the usage of sample.
Yes! stay away from the samples, if you want to sell simple sounds!
That is imperative!
If I use triple oscillator to create
And BOOM
There is that word 'Create' So you are making derivative art with the tool LMMS
Everything belongs to YOU!

But add a sample!
Thén things get complicated, because now 'someone else' owns at least part of a single-note output, that issue does not exists in same way, when the sample is part of a multi-node project, as long as the samples are not possible to discriminate.
Bottomline : Stay away from samples!