Page 1 of 1

How do I Duplicate a beat ??

Posted: May 28th, 2020, 2:03 pm
by Omar2020
Hello i am a noob to LMMS .
I want to ask you something ; How do i duplicate a beat ???
The fastest way...

Re: How do I Duplicate a beat ??

Posted: May 28th, 2020, 3:29 pm
by musikbear
Omar2020 wrote: ↑
May 28th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Hello i am a noob to LMMS .
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Omar2020 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
How do i duplicate a beat ???
That can be found here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Yo ... _and_paste
If thats not what you are looking after, then please explain

Re: How do I Duplicate a beat ??

Posted: May 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm
by Omar2020
Thank you for your answer.
What i want to know is how to duplicate a complete drum pattern...

Not just the notes from one instrument, but the notes from the whole drum set.

Re: How do I Duplicate a beat ??

Posted: May 29th, 2020, 3:30 pm
by musikbear
Omar2020 wrote: ↑
May 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm
What i want to know is how to duplicate a complete drum pattern...
Not just the notes from one instrument, but the notes from the whole drum set.
Ooops.... We do not have that feature :|
Thats actually not a bad idea
Generate a new BB-Line as a clone of the one in focus..
It is not difficult to do manually, though
If you point at one of the coloured steps in one BB-track, and right-click, the you can select copy
The shift to the next BB-line
Point in any empty strep, right-click and paste
All orr. BB-track events (steps) will be inserted, in the new one.
After you have done that for each, you have a complete clone
But a one click is an interesting idea

Re: How do I Duplicate a beat ??

Posted: May 29th, 2020, 4:19 pm
by Omar2020
I am really surprised it doesnt have that feature... its like the basic thing for making the drum track of a song.

Re: How do I Duplicate a beat ??

Posted: May 30th, 2020, 2:58 pm
by musikbear
Omar2020 wrote: ↑
May 29th, 2020, 4:19 pm
I am really surprised it doesnt have that feature... its like the basic thing for making the drum track of a song.
Maby its about the philosophies we have thought of in respect to making percussion. You can read about those 3 here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Co ... _Sequences
Personally i use the LEGO method. It offers variation and it is highly structured, the drawback is that if you do not build your project with high order of structure and order, it can get messy!
But i will look into your request /idea, because it has merits